Research, Researching, Research Centers (RC)

Please check this section first before posting.
Here you can find answers to most of the basic questions about Kapilands.

Moderator: moderators

What does "researching" mean? What are RCs for?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:02

What does "researching" mean? What are RCs for?

In your research centres (RCs) you can research all products in Kapilands, except stones, water and power.
You need to invest time and money, but you can reach higher qualities for your products and this can bring you more money when retailing/selling your products.

The higher quality-level you reach, the more expensive it will become and the longer the research-process will take. You can reduce the time you need for researching by expanding your RCs, but you cannot reduce your costs.
You can have several RCs of the same type (and of course different types), so that you can e. g. research in one and expand the other. Yet you cannot research a certain product in different RCs at the same time.

Hint: Always build your research centres in the red area. That is more expensive but the process of researching is 20 % faster than in the other areas.
Each RC takes one of your 60 (without PA)/100 building (with PA) slots.

I have got a research "seeds Q5". What happens if

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:05

I have got a research "seeds Q5". What happens if I sell it?

Then your research will "go away". You'll have no research for seeds anymore (so to speak: "research seeds Q0").
You can now start all over with researching this product then.

Hint: You need to be in level "manager" or higher in order to sell researches.

["Seeds" is now just an example. This works for all products.]

My research is "seeds Q5". What happens if I sell

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:07

My research is "seeds Q5". What happens if I sell the RC?

Then you will sell your RC. ;)
This does not affect your research at all. You will still have got a research "seeds Q5", but you cannot continue researching in that RC you sold.

["Seeds" is now just an example. This works for all products.]

My research does not appear at the market! Why?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:09

My research does not appear at the market! Why?

There is a special market for researches, it is called the "Tech Market".
You can find your research there or when you check your "own ads" at the market.

Can I have two researches for the same product?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:14

Can I have two researches for the same product?

No, this is not a feature of Kapilands. It is intended that everyone has got only one research of one product.

If you already have got a research "seeds Q5" and want to buy a research "seeds Q2" then your "seeds Q5" will be replaced by the "seeds Q2".

You can read this also in the confirmation-message at the tech market when you want to buy a research.
Please bear in mind: Every player may own only one researched technology per product.
If you already have a [xx] technology, it will be overwritten once you buy this one. If a [xx] research is in progress at the moment it will be canceled.

Where can I research stones, water, power?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:16

Where can I research stones, water, power?

These are the only products in Kapilands that cannot be researched.
This is for small companies as they shall have got at least three products that they can compete with while the larger companies already compete with high-quality products.

Where can I set the quality level?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:19

Where can I set the quality level?

You need to visit your production buildings for this.
At the top of this page you can see the menu "quality level" between "help" and "employees".
Click on "quality level" and set it to a high number (like 127). Then you will always produce in the highest quality you can afford.

Is there a limit, a maximum quality level?

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:21

Is there a limit, a maximum research level?

Yes, there is a limit.
At the moment this limit is Q255, meaning that you can research until you have got a "research Q255".

I cannot figure out how to produce in high quality.

Post by Guest » 03.05.2010, 08:37

I cannot figure out how to produce in high quality.

This is confusing for most players when they begin, so do not worry, please.

Let's go:
Please bear in mind that in order to produce resources you also need raw materials, such as for apples, seeds and water.

(apples-quality level + seeds, quality level + quality of water) / 3 connected researches = producible quality

Example:
apples in quality level 6 + seeds Q2 + water Q0
=> Q6 + Q2 + Q0 = 8
=> 8 / 3 = 2,66
=> rounded down= apples Q2

Note: While the quality level of production may be set higher than the quality level of the product research, in this case the product's research quality will be prioritized and used for the calculation.

Important:
You may set the quality levels within your production buildings. The products info, however, also shows you the maximum level of quality the products may be set to. Refer to 'quality:max' to find out about those limits. You can also simply use 127 as then you will always produce in the highest possible quality level.
If a lower quality level than 'quality:max' is chosen, this level will be used for calculating the product quality.
If the quality level is set higher than 'quality:max', only the level 'quality:max' is used for calculating the research.