Europe

Want to know where your trade partners live in real life? Find out here!

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:09 am

sneeperofsand wrote:*English
... i am actually from the US but i just have to say does any one here speak only one language? i speech English and i can almost make in on Spanish but cant write it. and i can cuss in Japanese. but about 10 people here speak 6 or more languages. its not fair
haha...... 3 languages here aswell =D dutch, german and english

I am from Holland (The Netherlands) and am prolly 1 of the few who comes from there :? language is dutch and live in Tilburg, but i doubt holland is well know to alot, hehe

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:13 am

Amsterdam is it's capital. Holland is known around the world. Have no doubt. I get my clogs from there :lol: .

I'm going back to sit by myself in the Australian thread :cry: .

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:19 am

awww smelly......

australia is a nice country no doubt and wish i had the time and cash to go there realy...... you wil get more people in your room
dont worry mate :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:54 am

better than the north american one

"how bought this eh?", "do you like this eh?", "tu nesisto tu bano lavarse?"

:cry:

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi @all!

I am from Austria and I live in the centre - in Vienna. I am 14 year old and I do my best to speak good english, so that you can understand what I mean^^.

My native language is german and in school we only learn english. I am happy about it because it is difficult to learn more languages than two ;)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:31 pm

TheSmell wrote:Amsterdam is it's capital. Holland is known around the world. Have no doubt. I get my clogs from there :lol: .

I'm going back to sit by myself in the Australian thread :cry: .
I buy some thing else in Amsterdam, if you know what i mean *cough* weed *cough*

And about the multiple languages. When you live in scandinavien (norway, sweden and denmark) it's pretty comon to speak the other 2 languages too. Besides that we all have english in school, and i took 2 years of spanish in high school (but i'm not any good at it), and some german before that. so that would make 6 languages, but aside from english im no where near fluent in any of them :D

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:22 am

better than me. the usa sucks we have almost the most money in the world and our education sucks.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:25 pm

Yeah, Americans can't be multilingual. Despite the fact that half the country thinks the national language is Spanish...*cough*

Anyway...I'm American, but the European thread looks more interesting, so I poked my nose in here. I learned some Spanish in grade school but forgot most of it. Switched to Japanese in high school and college and studied abroad in Japan for a year, so my Japanese is usable but not very deep. Aside from that...English. Yep.

Also understand bits and pieces of various languages like Korean, Hebrew, German, Greek, and Esperanto, but I wouldn't try to actually speak any. No grammar to speak of.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Im german...i live near rostock...a beatuiful place for vacation at the baltic sea...yeah i´m 18 and my mother tongue is german *suprise suprise*
well i learned russian,but have forgotten nearly everything, and still learn english,but have some problems in grammar ^^.
i play kapi at the german server and i´m her because i thought i could proof my english and have fun at the same time ^^
and i see that we have some language experts here so

could anybody help me to proof my english *smile*

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:21 pm

Eldoran wrote:
Sure!.. even though im not english, and my english is far from perfect, i know a little something about it.
I think what you mean is "improve my english".. The meaning of the word improve is to enhance or better something, while the meaning of the word proof is more like evidence.
Now i hope i understood what you meant in you post :D

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:40 pm

why do Germans spell better than i do? i live in the USA and i suck at English??? and i am not Mexican!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:58 am

Well I'm from Landshut near Munich and I speak german. I also speak fluent english due to 10 years in South Africa and can read some dutch and a bit of french and spanish.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:54 pm

Nighttown come from Sweden, just outside Gothenborg

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:09 pm

Warming wrote:
Eldoran wrote:
Sure!.. even though im not english, and my english is far from perfect, i know a little something about it.
I think what you mean is "improve my english".. The meaning of the word improve is to enhance or better something, while the meaning of the word proof is more like evidence.
Now i hope i understood what you meant in you post :D
thanks
now someone has improved my english everything is fine ^^

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:39 am

In Bicentennial Man, Robin Williams wrote:One is glad to be of service!
... And so am i :D