Quick Start Guide for Kapilands Players

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Re: Quick Start Guide for Kapilands Players

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:53 pm

racingtigger wrote:
Cash is Kingdom wrote:11. Commission on selling buildings and research via market. Unlike Kapilands, you have to put up a commission amount when listing buildings or research on the market. The commission is 10% on research. I think it is the same on buildings, but it has been a while since I listed one so not 100% sure.[/b]
The commission on selling a building is less than 10%...I put a building on the market a few days ago, and I think it was about 3% that was charged.

it's always 10% 4 me,but i have not try 2 sell buildings yet...

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:00 pm

buildings and research are much lower in commission than goods. He is right :)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 am

Hi, all. I'm a Kapilands player (both on Bulgarian and English servers). I read the differences between Kapilands (KL) and Kapiregnum but I still have a few questions which I don't know where else to ask but here. I apologise to moderators if they think my questions are not for here.

1. I saw there's a section for ads in my shop but I couldn't find them on the market. In KL the ads are under "Advertisements" on the market but here... where are they? :shock:
2. Where can I see how many residential buildings I have at the moment and how many of them have been built? When it's about the dwellings it's easy because their building time is 90 seconds only but when it's about the other residential buildings I hope Upjers don't expect from me to remember the exact hour I've placed quarters or a district on building so the next time I login to figure out are they ready or not?
3. Is there the same thing as in KL when you reach certain level you unlock new things in the game like administration buildings for research, production, building and selling? And if there IS such a thing - can somebody tell me what is being unlocked at every level? At the moment the most urgent for me seems to be the address book which I can't see anywhere in the menu.
4. In KL it's easy to make money from Gas (I'm an Oil King in both servers :) ) because it requires only a small ammount of Oil and Power. Is here such a product which requires only 2 things to produce? For the moment I'm producing goats but they seem to be very slow to produce. And because this game looks like KL in many ways I think I can become Something King here as well if I can find such a "low-requirements" product.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:33 am

Hi Satyricon,

welcome on Kapi Regnum! Let me try to reply to your questions as best as I can! :-)
Satyricon wrote:
1. I saw there's a section for ads in my shop but I couldn't find them on the market. In KL the ads are under "Advertisements" on the market but here... where are they? :shock:
Ads are called "pamphlets" here on Regnum. So if you go to the market, choose the "non-food-market", then select "pamphlets" to get there.
Satyricon wrote: 2. Where can I see how many residential buildings I have at the moment and how many of them have been built? When it's about the dwellings it's easy because their building time is 90 seconds only but when it's about the other residential buildings I hope Upjers don't expect from me to remember the exact hour I've placed quarters or a district on building so the next time I login to figure out are they ready or not?
A regular dwelling takes 2.5 hours to be built, a quarter 8 hours, and a district 20 hours. If you click on your overview "City Hall", scroll a little further down, and you will see "An overview of your city". This will tell you how many buildings you own at the moment, and how many people will be housed in the new buildings that you are currently building, as well as their employment status. On the right hand side, you can see which buildings are currently being erected. Click on "details", in order to see their progress in hours, minutes and seconds.
Satyricon wrote: 3. Is there the same thing as in KL when you reach certain level you unlock new things in the game like administration buildings for research, production, building and selling? And if there IS such a thing - can somebody tell me what is being unlocked at every level? At the moment the most urgent for me seems to be the address book which I can't see anywhere in the menu.
Yes, there is. Simply visit the "help" (click the question mark to get there). Under "rank" you can see, which features will be unlocked with which rank. You can also find a list of all buildings and the levels from which they are available in the help.

Satyricon wrote: 4. In KL it's easy to make money from Gas (I'm an Oil King in both servers :) ) because it requires only a small ammount of Oil and Power. Is here such a product which requires only 2 things to produce? For the moment I'm producing goats but they seem to be very slow to produce. And because this game looks like KL in many ways I think I can become Something King here as well if I can find such a "low-requirements" product.
You can also consult the help here. All products are listed there, including the products and raw material you will need in order to produce them. :-)

Please let me know if you need any further advise!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks for the answers. :) I don't need further advices for the moment but I'll keep you in mind. :D I just have one more question: I suppose this game is just like KL - when you reach a higher level (rank) the producing ammount is going down, isn't it? It's important for me to know this.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 am

You are welcome - just post again if you have further questions! :-) Yes, indeed, as in Kapilands, you also receive a starters' bonus here, so the amount will go down as you proceed level-onwards.

Have fun playing,

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Pearlbay, I don't know where else to ask, so I'm gonna ask here again.
About KL I've heard (but never tried) that if you want to research few things at the same time which are being researched by the same RC you can build a few research center of the same type. For example, if you want to research apples and pears you can build 2 research centers and in the first to run research on apples and on the second RC - run pears research. I don't know is it true (as I said I've never tried this) but if it is true - can I do the same here? To build a few monstaery gardens and in one of the gardens run apples research, in the second - run grapes, the third - something else, etc.?

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 pm

yes you can

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 am

Looks like Ithaka was quicker than me here. ;-) Thank you for helping!

Cheers,

pearlbay
Last edited by pearlbay on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Don't call me Ithaca - there is a difference between. in W1 German they are different cities.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

There's a Kapiscript for Kapilands. Is there such a script for Kapi-regnum?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Ithaka wrote:Don't call me Ithaca - there is a difference between. in W1 German they are different cities.
:oops: Sorry, didn't realize this typo! My mistake...
Satyricon wrote:There's a Kapiscript for Kapilands. Is there such a script for Kapi-regnum?
No, as far as I am aware there isn't. But you would have to check yourself on the site that provides it; it's a player-project and not provided by us.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 am

I did check it but there was nothing about such a script, so I thought you might have made one. :)

By the way, what's the idea of those so expensive workers? I expanded few buildings but now I realized I don't have the money to hire more.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Well, without workers you won't be able to produce anything; And of course workers don't come for free, as in real life. Unlike in real life, you will only have to pay them once, though, when you hire them. So you'll have to spend the money just once, and then they will keep working for you without further costs.

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

I know that. I meant why they're so expensive? Wouldn't it be better if you make the workers cheaper for lower levels and more expensive for higher levels?