United States Boundary [USB]

Advertising .. or Looking for a Guild? Seek and you shall find.

Moderator: moderators

United States Boundary [USB]

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:11 pm

All hail, milady, mylord!

It's great that you found us. We would be glad if you're eager to join our boundary. We are some citizens from the german World 1 and 2, who like to go global and train our rusted english language.

Feel welcomed and join us to trade with us. There are no special rules you have to follow - just treat us as nice as you want to be treated yourself.

If you're german speaking - train your english too.
If english is your mother tongue - teach us how to have fun in a foreign language.
If you're any other nationality - together we will find a way to understand each other.

Besides: laughter doesn't know any frontiers..........

Don't hesitate to ask any question you have - simply use this thread or send a dove to our chancellor or our vice-chancellor - or any other member you like - we all will be pleased to help you.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:57 am

hey, very cool ideas.... I like ur idea of having fun. Ich liebe it.

sorry, I can't carry a full sentence im Deutsch without faltering. Good luck. :)

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:09 am

hehe ... the german you learned in those six months is not suitible for this forum anyway :lol:

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:44 am

@ pk - :P so we can learn from each other?! and btw - thanks to you, 'cause you're one of the cities that helped me grow from my startup here :P

@ Bartolome - perhaps the english style of us germans isn't that better anyway? ;) you're right - here's the place to train english. but what the hack prevents us from using any language thats helps us understand each other? :oops: 8)

good luck for both of you too - and wonderful last days with preparing for x-mas!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:34 pm

I am an American living in Germany. I play here and in Welt 2. Sind Sie auch in Welt 2??.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 am

hi braska - welcome in our boundary - hope you feel well :P

yes, our guild exists also in the german worlds 1 and 2 - just look for the shortcut USB

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:14 pm

im an american living in the U.S i speak perfect english and some spanish :)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:28 pm

care-taker wrote:im an american living in the U.S i speak perfect english and some spanish :)
shouldn't it be "i speak perfectly english"? :roll:
:P hi, care-taker - we will meet soon :P

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Well speaking and writing is two different things :P

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:10 am

I dont know many that speak their own language perfectly either... I dont speak norwegian perfectly, even though I have always been one.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:42 am

Yagena wrote:
care-taker wrote:im an american living in the U.S i speak perfect english and some spanish :)
shouldn't it be "i speak perfectly english"? :roll:
:P hi, care-taker - we will meet soon :P
Care-Taker is alright...
"I speak english", English here is a noun, denoting the name of a language. TO add the word perfect before it is to provide a pronoun, i.e., a quality of the noun, i.e., the english he speaks is perfect.

Alternatively, he could have said that "I speak english perfectly"
Here, 'speak' is a verb, i.e. it denotes action (the action of speaking) and thus the use of the present form 'perfectly' is appropriate as perfect is a proverb, i.e., the quality of speaking.

Pardon me, my knowledge of english grammar terms is a little poor. I never really memorised all that in school, only noted correct usage :)
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 pm

:P you're right, both of you :P

@ pk - thanks - you explained it this perfect that it is easy for me to understand. so i learned.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:06 am

ur welcome, though... as I said, I made a mistake as well :P Now its fixed.... I guess Rabids is more than correct too ;)

Become member

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 pm

I am a Dutchman living near the German border and speak fluent English and German and of course Dutch. Planning to move to the USA soon and live overthere. Thought this would be the ideal guild with the multilingual exercising for everyone.

:lol:

Speektown

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:32 pm

what part of america will u live?