Forum - "new posts" indicator

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Forum - "new posts" indicator

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:24 pm

Not the biggest priority, but not a lot of work either.

The indicators at the left currently show Red if there are new messages, and Blue if there are not. But the Red doesn't really pop out too well against the image background, and maybe it's just my eyes but it's harder to notice without expressly staring.

Here is the "no new messages indicator" that I mean: Image
And here is the indicator if there are new messages. Image.

To be clear, these are the forum indictators I'm talking about, not the thead ones within the forum. Those are just colored dots on the parchment background, and that is ok (though a change wouldn't hurt there either.) But as I hope you can see from the 2 images above, it's not easy to scan a full list of those and instantly know which forums have new content.

Can we change that indicator from red to yellow or something brighter?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:29 pm

I agree. Also some of the links are in red and dont really pop out. Like when you post and get the "click here to return to the forum". The "here" part is red or brownish.

edit: Or maybe it s black I dont really know. the link has the same colour, thats my point :lol:

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:35 pm

I edited a bit to be even more clear, I hope.

As long as I'm on the "visibility" subject, this is different but topical.

In the game, tables list with two alternating row colors - a darker one and a lighter one, making it easier to differentiate. That's good.

Here's the catch - the background for the darker color is apparently not a color at all, but a background image. And until the image loads, that line appears to have a black background. With black text.

In other words, I get alternating lines of readable and completely blacked out - at least until the image loads, which can be a number of seconds later considering world locations. If you used a background color and the image, it would be readable until the image loaded without changing the eventual look.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 am

it works for me