Several suggestions

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Several suggestions

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:47 pm

Sorry for the ambiguous thread title - but I have indeed several suggestions dealing with quite different parts of the game, and thought it was best not to create too many threads with only one in each of them.

1. Why is it even allowed to sell basic materials (water, wood, stone, tools q0) on the market above the NPC prices? I can't see how it could be useful to someone honest, and it can only hurt newbies who haven't realized that nobody will ever buy their goods, and yet have paid the 10% commission on these goods. I would suggest to limit the price you can set at the NPC prices (and that could probably be done for contracts on these goods as well).

2. About the fruits - why are there so many different kinds, and only grapes seem to have a specific use (wine)? Have I missed something (I'm still only a Freeman), are there other plans which have not been implemented yet? I have the feeling that they could at least have slightly different requirements (in terms of water / cost / production time).

3. In the balance sheet, it would be convenient to have an additional column for the previous day, especially when you want to check the numbers just after midnight and all the data has been set up to 0. Ideally, you could even check any past day, but I suppose that requires too much (mostly useless) data storage - but maybe as a premium account benefit?

4. (a minor bug report) When you upgrade a building, what is displayed in the buildings list is different depending on the building type. For research buildings, the final building size is not displayed, and for workshops and stalls, it is displayed, but in 2 different ways (I don't have any upgrades running at the moment so I cannot check exactly, sorry). Definitely not a big deal.

That's it for now - I should have noted down the few more ideas I had earlier and cannot remember at the moment. Maybe later.

And anyway, thanks for a great game :D !

Wlam / Elberia

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:37 pm

2. About the fruits - why are there so many different kinds, and only grapes seem to have a specific use (wine)? Have I missed something (I'm still only a Freeman), are there other plans which have not been implemented yet? I have the feeling that they could at least have slightly different requirements (in terms of water / cost / production time).
abt that, if you check their descriptions in the help section, you'll find that different ones get delivered to different special buildings for reputation points.

Also, m'be in quests etc...

Of course, I won't mind if they let us make some Cider or Apfel Schorle... :wink: :lol:

Re: Several suggestions

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:29 am

Wlam wrote:Sorry for the ambiguous thread title - but I have indeed several suggestions dealing with quite different parts of the game, and thought it was best not to create too many threads with only one in each of them.

1. Why is it even allowed to sell basic materials (water, wood, stone, tools q0) on the market above the NPC prices? I can't see how it could be useful to someone honest, and it can only hurt newbies who haven't realized that nobody will ever buy their goods, and yet have paid the 10% commission on these goods. I would suggest to limit the price you can set at the NPC prices (and that could probably be done for contracts on these goods as well).

3. In the balance sheet, it would be convenient to have an additional column for the previous day, especially when you want to check the numbers just after midnight and all the data has been set up to 0. Ideally, you could even check any past day, but I suppose that requires too much (mostly useless) data storage - but maybe as a premium account benefit?

4. (a minor bug report) When you upgrade a building, what is displayed in the buildings list is different depending on the building type. For research buildings, the final building size is not displayed, and for workshops and stalls, it is displayed, but in 2 different ways (I don't have any upgrades running at the moment so I cannot check exactly, sorry). Definitely not a big deal.

That's it for now - I should have noted down the few more ideas I had earlier and cannot remember at the moment. Maybe later.

And anyway, thanks for a great game :D !

Wlam / Elberia
Good points. The balance sheet leave a lot to be desired. You should figure out your own information if you seriously want to know. I can tell you what I do if you are interested.

Welcome to the game.

Balance sheet

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:29 am

Being a good netizen for once, I searched the forum before making a suggestion, and lo and behold ! It has already been done. In particular:
In the balance sheet, it would be convenient to have an additional column for the previous day, especially when you want to check the numbers just after midnight and all the data has been set up to 0.
Also: A balance sheet would normally also calculate stock value. The stock sheets already show the replacement value for stored goods. I guess what Kapi-tools and I can do in Excel, the game should be able to do as well.