Are individual competitions still competitions?

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Are individual competitions still competitions?

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Since several competitions we observed that number of individual competitors is lowering. Sometimes it is lower than 100, so it is no problem to get a certificate. Just buy ONE piece of product and send them. Maybe should we change something to turn people on to bigger effort?

Re: Are individual competitions still competitions?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Stop cramming a comp in after the other with a day's gap only to recover and maybe more people do the next one. As it is, most people sit some out to recover cash. With how expensive coins are, you just have to because coin sellers can raise silly amounts of cash for competing. It does reduce the charm of competitions to the rest.

I don't think we have enough players on this server to afford them sitting out contests entirely. That is however what we do.

Just my 1.5c

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:43 pm

I couldn't agree more with PK. The never-ending flood of contests, and the easy money from those that buy their medals just makes it ridiculous to waste time on a cert, especially for a small city.
Perhaps the ability to trade Reputation Points for coins, through "the bank", would put some lustre into going for certs?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm not so small a city, but it makes no sense for me to go for certificates. I can gain more reputation points easily (and cheap) just by sending goods to public buildings. It now costs more for me (in terms of buying OR production costs and time) to try and get 20 rep points with certificates than to get 60+ rep points from one public building. Even 1 certificate usually is more bother than several public buildings deliveries... and they bring me so much more of reputation points. So... while contests are fun there are too many of them, and it's easier to concentrate on regular production chains than to change them every couple of weeks to make goods of random qualities which don't make any real difference in reputation.

Just adding my couple of thalers, too.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Couldn't agree more with Elhior.

I just buy a little to enter for a cert now. Period. Unless I am trying for a medal I don't even bother because they are so ridiculously close by each other. Almost de-rigeur skip one, play one (either individual or guild).

With the rwst of the improvements to the contest engine, I had hoped this would be one too but alas... The goat grazed the green brain!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Perhaps the individual rewards could be ( a lot ) higher.

At least the guild contest is about competing against other guilds.

poipoi

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Maybe give the winner 10 mil marble and/or orchids etc... Plenty of incentive then. Becomes a team thing too. There are negatives to this but I'd leave tem to the wonderful people of Kapi :)

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 am

I like that idea as well.