Upgrade cancelations

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Upgrade cancelations

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I think it would be a great improvement, that if an upgrade is cancelled the building should be enlarged appropriately for the amount of time passed, but all money and raw material would still be lost. Perhaps the building doesn't need to be upgraded to the exact precise size for the amount of time that has been spent, but instead to the nearest 500 sqm or 1,000 sqm.

Or maybe to be able to have a 'partial upgrade' after canceling your 'full upgrade' a city would need to pay more to have what I explain above happen. I only suggest this so that buildings aren't placed on overly lengthy upgrades willy nilly, then just canceled when a contest or something else comes up. To have a fine/tax to get the 'partial upgrade' would discourage cities from abusing the partial upgrade.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Upgrade cancelations

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:07 pm

its a great idea .. same as production can be canceled at any time and you do get the products produced up to that point and unused ingrediants are returned to the storehouse as q0 .. i beleve it can be done :wink:

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Grave doubts I have of their ability to not break something that works. Thinking dangerously in this place you are young one.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 pm

It is one of the few punitive dynamics in the game. I don't have a problem with it, as is. I also agree with PK.
Besides, it isn't like you "finished" 40% of something, You actually have a big gaping framework that is 60% unfinished. :wink:

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Maybe if you cancel your upgrades your workers fall through and you have to pay insurance!

Whoops

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 pm

:lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 pm

I really like this idea! I tend to do small upgrades to keep buildings available for contests, but especially with the automated contests and lack of downtime, that gets to be more wearing. I wish something like this would work for research, too, but I know that having 20.5 knowledge doesn't actually make sense. :)

I'd like to add another suggestion on top of this, if this is the appropriate place. It'd be nice to be able to add to upgrades. Like, I set up a building for 250 sqms, in case the next contest uses that building. The next contest doesn't need that building, so I add another 250 sqms to the upgrade.

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 pm

That is an interesting idea with lots of merit, Ping.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Ooh! Also, it would be nice to do upgrades by time, like you can do for production if you've got a premium account.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 am

jediping wrote:Ooh! Also, it would be nice to do upgrades by time, like you can do for production if you've got a premium account.
That ^ is a great idea!

I don't favour the rest though. You cancel, you lose.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:57 am

I like that too.