Wonder Never Cease??

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Wonder Never Cease??

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 pm

So, you joined a guild. You spent years working ot build your
Wonder, or sold tons of coins, or work for the CIA/MI6/KGB in the Cybercrime unit and hacked the Upjers server and "found" a billion stone q1. And now you have a Wonder of the World. You spend a while admiring the lovely art in the graphic. You recieve some lovely parting gifts.

Then you ask yourself: What now?

What now, indeed. You really can't bring any new members to your guild because you have done the only thing a guild can do, pretty much, and new additions cannot partake in the benefits. No incentive for them to stay. The social fabric begins to unwind as you wait for another contest to drain you of your hard earned cash. There is little purpose to guild-life anymore.

The game reverts back to an individual one again. Individual scoring, accumulations, reputations, etc... There is no place for the guild to be relevant, except as a place to chat a bit. And you spent years building it up and struggling together, growing together, arguing and sharing each other's RL joys and pains. All so you could build a giant torch and then get kicked to the roadside, slowly deteriorating like the great guilds of the realm are doing right now.

Well...I don't want to go there!

So I propose that Upjers give us our bakeries and tarts, and go to work to change this. Here is how they might go about it:

More Wonders!

They don't have to be as big, or produce the same level of benefits. They needn't produce anything but reputation, for that matter. Or they could give a watered down version of some benefit. The important thing is the ability to stay focused as a team on something in the game. The important thing is reason for guilds to still be vibrant enough for new players to wish to join you.

Here are some ideas with possible benefits:

The Great Guild Road. It could add a bit to the occasional sale in one of your market stalls, or bring a Traveling Merchat that asks for a contract for some amount of good at above average price. A not-so-dark-shape, if you will. It could also give a random chance of gaining a creature for your stables, or some other special items.

The Great Guild Wall. It could protect against incursions of goblins and Pirates!!! Or it could give players some handsome reputation, if goblins and Pirates!!! aren't an issue in you neck of the realm.

The Great Harbour. Again, reputation, and perhaps a chance of gaining a ship in your harbour, or a good deal offered by the Traveling Merchant.

The Grand Canal. More reputaion points. This could give guildsters a bunch of water on occassion, and yes, possible visits from those Traveling Merechants.

The Collosium. This could ease city disquiet, if that were actually a real issue. But it can definitely be good reputation. And it is another great mall location for acquiring Genuine Stonehaven Stoned Shades.

All of these cold be built after the Wonder, with the same, or less amounts of marble. Guilds will be composed of some big cities by then. And it is a place where the idea of wood q1 could be added to the mix, as well as, say iron q10 or something. It would also solve the problem of not having enough special items present in the game to create a dynamic market.

I truely think it can keep the game exciting and provide purpose so guilds like BoF, and PTT, which are, historically, the two greatest guilds in the realm, don't fall by the wayside out of sheer boredom and lack of ability to offer accomplishment to new players.(We can talk about a Guild Hall of Fame later. :wink:)

Ok...I'm done. 8)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:07 pm

im actualy amazed ,that upjers hasnt thought of that already .. since the same problems do exist on their original servers (German 1 and 2) as well.

Absolutly great ideas there stoney .. i do think it whould be possible to program easaly enough (minor variations from the wonder itself) .. ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:14 pm

And not just Stone Q1 (marble), but what about the possibility of Wood Q1 (Mahogany) and Water Q1????

Maybe even something more "out there" for a product that ONLY the system can make!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Great idea! I support this! :)

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

As a member of BoF I enjoy the working together and recognise a lot of the comments raised.
Pearlbay and team have just introduced a selection of new products and I am looking forward to see what they are.

poipoi

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:35 am

poipoi wrote:As a member of BoF I enjoy the working together and recognise a lot of the comments raised.
Pearlbay and team have just introduced a selection of new products and I am looking forward to see what they are.

poipoi
yeah but these are only products for individuals .. not nessesaraly for a guild as a whole .