quality of contest products.

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

quality of contest products.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm

I think the quality of contest products is too high. i am playing from long time and have a big city but do not own all the knowledge of different products. when a contest starts it takes 2-3 days to research the required product quality even when i have the knowledge building. although it take one hour but i would have to login to account 12 to 15 times to give instructions get the desired knowledge to create product of q3. well it is not always possible since i get busy in some work or forget. I play only this online game because only in this game you can decide when you want to play it again.(By ordering building to appropriate times.)

in contest of carts i didnt have the knowledge of carts and i had too high quality of iron in my storehouse. so i didnt produced carts for the contest.

even for smaller cities i dont think it would be possible to produce high q prodducts. knowledge above 6-8 take considerable time to research in a 20-100 sqm knowledge buildings. so it would be difficult to take advantage by small cities.

this contest of bibles is also not much intense. there is not much demand for leather gold in market. small cities would never be able to produce q3 bibles so quick unless they have knowledge at the start of contest. leather and gold also wont fetch them a good price so it is a waste for new players.

I think for contest of basic products quality should be of q1 or q2 while complex products can be of q0.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

a city have not to take part in each contest. if all cities could produce the contest product of each contest the price of it will go down and will be nearly the same one as it wont be a contest product.

I think things go allright in the way they go
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm

yes price will go down but so also the competition. winning a gold medal is quite easy in a bibles contest but will be difficult in a beer contest. so quality can be decided according to difficulty if bibles would have been q0 there would have been much more competition

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 pm

I think the contests are fine. Mostly.

Lowering the q level will not allow smaller cities to compete. They can never compete. They cannot produce enough to compete. In the MLT, they are our first line of resource providers. If other guilds don't do that, well....
If you are not in a guild, well...
Things will never be perfect or totally consistant in a closed system.

But more quests would be a step in the right direction.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Stonehaven wrote:
But more quests would be a step in the right direction.
Yes! Yes! With cool new goodies like.... gyrfalcons! ! :D :D :D

Contest

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Getting in on a contest doesn't always mean making the contest good. the materials that go into the contests go up too. The last Wine 4 contest had grapes going for 500cT a piece... But if you paid close attention, Casks, beer, schnapps, mead, certain quality tools, and joinery items all got a boost because of the changes in production over to wine. There is different ways to play contests, for profit, for competition, for reputation. Players must decide how they want to play. Some people specialize their city so much they can only play in a very narrow range of contests. Others choose diversity so they can play all the contests. As long as the quality stays south of 10 noobies can still sell the raw goods and make cash, the bigs can still produce the goods in mass, and the mid sized players can do either one...

On the flip side. I specialized my city for the most part, but built a few buildings that make a broad range of products that often times get used in contests. Then I researched EVERYTHING I could up to 4. So when the next contest hits, the chance that I get a piece, and get can get into it right away is high. Doesn't guauntee it, but the chances are high...and that is just smart.

For example

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:42 pm

I do mostly Beer and Joinery items from wood and grain to market...BUT

I have 1 cattle farm, one fruit picker, one prinitng press, and one manufactory that I upgrade constantly so that when the next contest hits I can get a piece most likly. Even though those buildings don't fit my over all strategy.

I have a monestary garden, and a craftsman. I have researched everything up to level 4 even the stuff I dont build so I am ready right out of the gate for any contest that comes along....

So rather than complain...I adjust. am I ever going to win a cattle contest...heck no. Am I going to make money hand over fist if there is a cattle contest, absolutely. And if by chance there is a beer or chair compeitition maybe I can place....(in the top 50)