Golden Hen

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Golden Hen

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:45 pm

A suggestion to take money out of the game and get something gr8 in return.

Perhaps something like golden hens that give you slow trickle of coins.. probably one coin per month or something! They would make excellent gifts and also excellent pets I reckon. And could take out a whole load of cash from the system :)

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:22 pm

If they make you coins, than the value of coins will go down.
If the value of coins go down, less people buy coins.
If less people buy coins, the game makes less money.
If the game makes less money, the game can't be improved (that much)
If the game can't be improved, people leave.
If people leave, there are even less coins bought..

There's a reason why there's only 1 way to buy coins --> real money ;)

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:44 pm

I want a gold hen... I want a gold hen... I want a gold hen...
I bet gold hens are as nice as the Tiger!
I'm having a hard time typing with all my fingers crossed!
(How on earth would this fit into a midevil theme?)

the littlewoman xoxox

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:49 pm

It could be interesting but would need some more thought. It's not just the English server we're talking about of course but also the German and Dutch servers.

Particularly on the German side where there is a much more solid playerbase that could translate to a few thousand coins been given out every month to players who have Golden Hens which in tern is a few less thousand coins that need to be brought.

If the Golden Hen itself was physically brought for coins then there is little loss as the coins are still been brought, albeit at the same time a player needs to spend those coins in the first place.

One potential solution would be similar to the idea of the Library. Add a requirement before a Golden Hen can be purchased but for cT. Obviously not a particularly difficult requirement but one that would be designed for more higher level players who've played for some time and are likely to stick around.

Perhaps complete X amount of quests for example?

Regardless it does need a little more thought into how it can be implemented but still fairly for all players before it could be thrown in out of the blue.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Therian - Your the best!!!!!

It's not so much the idea of having free coins... Even if the hen could lay something worth reputation points or something that would not take away from the producers of the game...

Such a cool pet it would be...

I'm very happy with the Tiger... I named him! His name is Kilon! I would name my golden hen Pk! (Just for fun!)

Maybe she could eat coins and lay something that's worth reputation points... That would be ok all the way around... Or - her reputation worth could go up the more coins you fed her....

She would be a very cool unit in the Stable...

Maybe she could be a quest gift - this way, everyone could have one. If it ate coins... this could encourage more coins to come into the game.

the littlewoman xoxox,
ps... Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 pm

:lol: Haltonhills :lol: you go Girl :lol: dont let her loose dough :lol:

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Perhaps something along the lines of "feeding" it then.

I'm beginning to consider something along the lines of the Golden Hen been a reward after meeting a particular requirement. Something simple that could be obtained fairly early, albeit not too early (e.g After the rank of Sir, when Special Buildings become purchasable.)

Of course the Hen on its own wouldn't actually eat coins. Would be pretty strange to see though ;)
Instead perhaps those coins could be used to purchase Corn, a reputation item in itself which could then be fed to the Golden Hen.

The Hen would then lay either a normal egg, or a golden egg. Hatching these eggs could then yield you reputation items. Goldens yielding more rare items.

If the Grain cost 2 coins, then the lowest reputation item you could receive would be 10 points (on the basis of 1 coin = 10 points) so there is a chance of a loss.

Normal Eggs could hatch an egg holding an item worth up to 100 Reputation, and Golden Eggs up to 400 Reputation.

To restrict any abuse you may only feed the Golden Hen (once/twice) per day.

Of course, I'm not guaranteeing anything like this could be implemented - however if we can discuss something realistic that could improve the overall gaming experience without any major advantage to the player, or playerbase with completely free items without some effort to gain them then who knows.

In the end though it is down to whether Marcus is able to code such; although it wouldn't actually be all that different to the coding used for The Dark Shape in terms of the basic coding.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 am

Therian,

Your idea of having it fed daily - even if it's optional - will have people checking in regularly... Well, some anyway... This could liven up the market here in the English server as well... I can't imagine anyone signing in without stopping in at the market...

The chatter between players would be fun... In our guild, the quests have really brought people working together. This would magnify the fellowship aspect of the game.

This is grand - between you and PK, I just might end up with a golden hen yet!

the littlewoman xoxox

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:13 am

hmnnn... so muck excitement over a grown up chicken!

:D well, it could eat one million grain of a suitably high q and be made @ the cattle farm but require a coin to buy it. Also the raising of the hen could be VERY VERY slow. so you only get a tiny tiny increment in speed for however large ur cattle farm is.

The eggs sound gr8 :) could there be rare silver eggs that give out some free coins too!

As for what to feed it, corn sounds good :) Although the coin eating is a bit worrying :( We don't have enough sellers of coins here! It could even be a pure form of water. Like we have q1 stone as marble, we could have a q1 water as 'eau de spring' or something like that and the hen must be fed lets say one expensive corn and 10 expensive waters to get one egg!

These could be kept in a new spl building called the Henhouse/Greenhouse ;) and players could be restricted to how many golden hens they can raise per month/year, whatever! Maybe a limit according to the number of months playing Kapi-Regnum.

I'm throwing my ideas in :) all of them... This does seem to be going somewhere! Hopefully not the pile vr all too familiar with ;) Cheers Therian, and Halton is our ever reliable 'give a new pet and I'll jump a mile' :D thanks to her too

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:44 am

Yup, it'll definitely be good fun and a way to take away cash from the game... Perhaps having an option to either feed it with 'normal corn' and 'eau de spring' which leads to it having 95% chance of getting a normal egg and 5% chance of getting a golden egg, and some 'special corn' (bought at 1 coin each) + 'eau de spring' for increased chances of laying a golden egg, depending on the number of days its been fed with special corn.

The hen would lay an egg for every 30days its been fed, that way it would encourage more activity yet not be too huge a deficit from not logging on

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:54 am

:idea: just to make it more interesting, it could also lay a black egg!

this might hatch into a ball of worms/maggots or a really evil chick that starts depleting your stock of farm produce. Like a natural disaster. Just so that ppl who keep Golden eggs need to watch what they are doing :twisted:

Golden items have never been safe have they ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:57 am

maybe black egg frequency could be linked to stuff like the number of unemployed ppl in your city or the number of spl building employee slots left unfilled! Maybe it could be plain random! But it would damn interesting to see how this one turns out.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:23 am

Holy smokes you guys...
I'm glad there are greater powers at work here!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:26 am

Tlite wrote:Yup, it'll definitely be good fun and a way to take away cash from the game... Perhaps having an option to either feed it with 'normal corn' and 'eau de spring' which leads to it having 95% chance of getting a normal egg and 5% chance of getting a golden egg, and some 'special corn' (bought at 1 coin each) + 'eau de spring' for increased chances of laying a golden egg, depending on the number of days its been fed with special corn.

The hen would lay an egg for every 30days its been fed, that way it would encourage more activity yet not be too huge a deficit from not logging on

defenatly another good idea ... but why not just have it lay regular eggs regularly which you could sell at the farmers market or hopefully evantualy convert in to cakes in a bakery.... and just randomly lays golden eggs. :wink:

A suggestion on how this can be brought about very simply!

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 am

It could be a special quest.

Something along the lines of The Dark Shape:

Maybe a message like:

"A famine has ravaged the countries of the south and the Emperor is pained by the suffering of his people. He requests that you provide 1 million Bales of Grain and 1 million mugs of beer by xx.xx on xx-xx-xxxx.

I hope that he does not place his trust in you lightly."

and when it does give out the Hen, then it could be something cryptic like:

"Behold, the fabled Golden Hen. But do not be hasty for what is golden may yet turn black if not treated right. It would give you immense riches and fame if you were to walk the right path or bring down on you a plague if you fail to show it your respect.

Please check your contracts for what the messenger has placed on your desk to sign

And here, you can probably accomodate stuff like normal eggs, golden eggs, silver eggs, bronze eggs, black eggs.

Some of the eggs could just be gift items that can be sent to friends/used in internal guild competitions etc. That way players would spend a lot of cash hoping to get golden eggs but get them very randomly so that money is constantly taken out but some rewards are given for persistent feeding of the hen. Also black eggs may give the whole feeding the hen an element of risk that might dissuade players from overfeeding the hen blindly!