Suggestion: Production configuration

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Suggestion: Production configuration

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:31 pm

I would love to see an option so you can set to produce 10 hours. Instead of setting produce XX units.

WARNING:Weak attempt to defend my laziness following!
The price you pay for this convenience?
Assume production rate 47.86/hour @ 1$T/unit

Set production to 10Hrs @ cost 478.6$T
After 10 hours you produce 478 units.

Since time is money, I would rather stop in 2 times a day and adjust all my production to be handled in those windows of opportunity.
Keep research times as they are.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:18 am

... i dont understand what do you want to change?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Instead of telling a building to produce a certain number of units, it would be nice to be able to tell it to produce for a certain amount of time.

I understand this well because I always set it for a certain amount of time myself, but to do this with the current setup, I have to take the production capacity per hour and multiply it by the number of hours I want it to produce. Every time.

Of course, setting a certain amount of time wouldn't guarantee a whole number of units, so it would also be nice then if it would "snap to" the nearest time that gives a whole number of units. For instance, if a building produces 23.76 units per hour, and you want it to produce for an hour (or close enough), then it should snap to either 58 minutes 5 seconds (for 23 units) or 1 hour 36 seconds (for 24 units). Otherwise, if it is working for a full 60 minutes and then stops, it would be busy for nearly two minutes and then not produce anything for that time.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:27 pm

telyni wrote:Instead of telling a building to produce a certain number of units, it would be nice to be able to tell it to produce for a certain amount of time.

I understand this well because I always set it for a certain amount of time myself, but to do this with the current setup, I have to take the production capacity per hour and multiply it by the number of hours I want it to produce. Every time.

Of course, setting a certain amount of time wouldn't guarantee a whole number of units, so it would also be nice then if it would "snap to" the nearest time that gives a whole number of units. For instance, if a building produces 23.76 units per hour, and you want it to produce for an hour (or close enough), then it should snap to either 58 minutes 5 seconds (for 23 units) or 1 hour 36 seconds (for 24 units). Otherwise, if it is working for a full 60 minutes and then stops, it would be busy for nearly two minutes and then not produce anything for that time.
Well, for products which take 0.1 of a material that could be expensive ::P

Just write down the numbers you usualy produce, for certain times.
If its 10 hours.. just move comma or add a zero ;)

And dont expect your suggestion to become a feature, because it has been suggested over and over again.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Maybe it was suggested and rejected as a feature for kapilands, but that's not an automatic guarantee that they'd reject it for kapi regnum too. They're different games. It had to be mentioned once at least.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:30 am

I didn't think I was the first to hatch such a brilliant plan, but it never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no.

"I have to take the production capacity per hour and multiply it by the number of hours I want it to produce. Every time."

I am a calculator master, now.
Quick! How many minutes is 0.1 hours?
Now do 0.01 hours!
It's sad you know that w/out a calculator.

"then it should snap to either 58 minutes 5 seconds (for 23 units) or 1 hour 36 seconds (for 24 units)."

I disagree.

"Otherwise, if it is working for a full 60 minutes and then stops, it would be busy for nearly two minutes and then not produce anything for that time."

That's the penalty for chosing time production vs unit production. Some materials will be wasted. Unit production currently wastes my time for Kapicash, and sometimes I am in a hurry. I can't wait 20m for those last 2 stupid workshops to finish! Now they have to sit for 2 or 3 hours till I can get back.

Anyway, thanks for your inputs.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:37 am

thats why i have all of my stuff on the same time

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:13 pm

this was suggested in Kapilands and was rejected cause realy allu have to do i take ur time per unite production and idvide it by the amount of time u want

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:22 pm

it easy just use a calclulater. # of goods a hour * # of hours = # you want