About the annoying spams?

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

About the annoying spams?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Should we have some rules to stop players posting spams on the first page of the open market? (see the copy-pasted message from the open market)?

(e.g., to charge extra 20% [totally 30%] commission if a player post the same product with the same price such close? or to forbid posting same product if the previous post was from the same player?)

Advertising on the first page of the open market (in the game) is just like buying commercial times (on TVs) or buying space (on a newspapers or magazines). The "hotter" the place is, the more money will/should be charged.

[To administrators, if there is any concern of privacy, please revise the city's name.]

6,666 stones crosswood 0 23.99 159,917.34 buy
6,666 stones crosswood 0 23.99 159,917.34 buy

10,995 iron Stockington 7 250.00 2,748,750.00 buy
2,222 stones crosswood 0 23.99 53,305.78 buy
2,222 stones crosswood 0 23.99 53,305.78 buy
300 stones crosswood 0 23.99 7,197.00 buy

1,111 stones crosswood 0 23.99 26,652.89 buy
1,111 stones crosswood 0 23.99 26,652.89 buy
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:17 pm

you can't change the rate of market commision ... this will crash the game

+ you have to put in your min some ppl put some Quest items in specific amount many times to make it easy for buyers so not allowing ppl to put same stuff several times will just be annoying

about ppl spamming its not that too many ppl do that ... i think it will just go away

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:41 pm

7thedoc7 wrote: so not allowing ppl to put same stuff several times will just be annoying
Perhaps I did not get my points clearer:
(1) such close [I was not saying "not allow". It's different in the sense of "forbid" which I used to express the sense of restriction rather than "taboo"]
(2) For my argument about advertising: If this is just a game that doesn't have to be related to some common rules/routines in the real-life, then I have no further contention about this issue.
(3) Both are annoying, and the difference is: one to the sellers, and the other to the buyers...
(4) I don't think a change that, if being done carefully, can crash the game. The dark shape, for instance, has been raising prices for some products; however, without crashing the game, it has been making the game felt more interesting.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:55 pm

We have limmits to how many adds we can place at the market... You get more with premium... Once you have used up your limmit you must either bring something back to your storehouse or wait for something to sell...
I've wondered why people do this... It could very well be to advertise that their city has such goods in great supply...
Or bordom - waiting for nets to sell or something - ???

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:11 pm

littlewoman wrote:I've wondered why people do this... It could very well be to advertise that their city has such goods in great supply...
Or bordom - waiting for nets to sell or something - ???
If they have justifiable reasons to do that, I won't feel being annoyed (e.g. as Doc mentioned that to put quest items with the amount required many times for others' convenience). However, this against the understanding... if you want to buy that stones... you will need to do more clicks... that is not for buyers' convenience...

One other suggestion: that is, every city can have a short advertisement (or maybe only for premium account) that when someone buy a city's item, the system message marked as "market place" also includes the advertisement which shows the city's other market offers... or some description like " thank you. we look forward to serving you soon!"

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 pm

That sounds like a really good idea!
Three cheers for Permafrost!
Can we choose our own text???? - Even 50 letters max or something?
I like this idea!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:29 pm

But for the advertisement part... it must be sent to the buyer not the seller

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:25 am

littlewoman wrote:That sounds like a really good idea!
Three cheers for Permafrost!
Can we choose our own text???? - Even 50 letters max or something?
I like this idea!
seconded as a great idea!

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:03 am

:) as for that example with the stone ... you can just put the whole batch at once if you sell it at the same price anyway... buyers can take whatever they need (even smaller batches) .... ;)
It seems to me ther's enough advertisment as it is ... if you need to see what a city offers you just go to their shopwindow or contact them if they have a product, that you need, on the market...

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:19 am

I think ppl do this to capture a big chunk of market space and draw attention to themselves. It makes them look like they are big sellers while they are actually selling lots of small lots. What would you think if you tried to buy iron and you saw 20/50 offers on a page belonging to one city.. awesome advertisement until ppl push them down the list. A bit annoying though.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:27 pm

Am I the only one who does not sell from the shop window???
My prices there are well below market value but still people buy the same goods from the market..
When I try to get into someones shop window, if I have more than one open window at a time, I am bounced right out of the internet and am forced to reconnect to the internet... Some times it takes two or three trys getting into someones shop window... I've always thought it was just the computer... I wonder though...
My point being... The shop window doesn't seem to get much attention.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:40 pm

littlewoman wrote:My point being... The shop window doesn't seem to get much attention.
Your point can be understood. I have the same as yours. And we won't be (aren't?) the only two. I think that's why some players pay coins to the market crier. As long as there is a market crier, I don't think this game will evolve to include my proposal about "automatic after-sale" message.
bartolome wrote:It seems to me ther's enough advertisment as it is...
permafrost wrote:The "hotter" the place is, the more money will/should be charged.
The advertising market, in my understanding, is also a free market that "enough or not" depends on demand and supply. eBay, for example, charges extra fee if sellers would like to have their items highlighted or be featured items. If no one needs/pays an advertising method, it will just die out. Some cities in the Kapi world are only focusing on one to maybe less than four products, they may desperately need advertisements more than other cities that are self-content.

I don't think of a reason why some people list their items like that, except they are "kidnapping the first page" then attracting more audience. I would still insist that one should pay to use the hottest marketplace or stop abusing the good rule - "free to post".

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:51 am

I don't mind people who genuinely want to sell their goods spamming the market. What really bothers me is people who try to sell 1 wood for $5.00 with the city name "pleasevisitmywebsite.com" or, well, you know what I mean. People who don't play the game, and have commercial city names, and then post items on the (usually) basic goods market.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:51 pm

Why should we bear this? Okay, if some key persons are still working on this issue, I just found a resolution...

Add the function enabling players to filter other players' messages... all messages, including their "posts" on the public market... That is, to give us blacklist function