Census

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Census

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:20 am

You will soon give shelter to 30 people
10 of those people are unemployed
This from the City hall page. I would like to see this info in the Left hand menu. That way I would be able to see a general status of my residential buildings. E.G.:

Code: Select all

CityName
cash:	80,000.00 ¢τ
allod:	500,000.00 ¢τ
census: 20/30
buildings: 	10/60
coins:	0
The word census could be adapted to be more in context. This example tells me that I have 30 Regnumites(people who live in Regnum) living in my city and 20 of them are employed. If I do my sums right I know that I have 10 people unemployed.

The City hall gives the full rundown if you want all the detail. I just feel less players will become upset :cry: because they forgot about residential requirements. :P

If they still fail to meet those requirements, then they deserve to not be able to hire when they want.

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:24 am

I'm sorry, this is impossible to implement. The sql-statement for that request is too complex and expensive to fire it every single page call. That would bring the server down within seconds after adding it.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:30 am

Slightly off topic but could we have a ranking page using it?

So a ranking system based on who has the biggest town? Also if possible something like Wealth per a person ranking? So it would be your net worth divided by the population in your town.

Thanks

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:50 am

really that would down the server?

... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...

:wink: :wink: :roll: :oops:

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:48 am

how would this down the server