Regnum Journal Discussion

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:38 pm

The duration of competition seems to be a little difference between journal and game.

In the journal, it states as following:

This contest begins on Monday, 15th September 2008,
And ends on Friday, September 25th 2008 at 23:59.

In game, it states as following:

product: tables quality: 0 price: 50.00¢τ
from 15.09.2008 till 26.09.2008 at 23:59 cet

It won't be a big deal, I believe most of players shall follow the state in game. However, it is always better to announce again.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:49 pm

26th is Correct.. I'd entered the date wrong on the Journal itself.
Sometime tells me it's happened on other pages too -- Fixed what I could find.

Expected Delays

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:39 pm

With my course at the job centre now over I've finally started to get things back on track, however with a rearrangement of what should have been a trip out today has been delayed until tomorrow.

For this trip I'll actually be visiting a museum with my parents; something I brought up earlier this week, and that we originally planned for Saturday although due to the sheer costs of travelling we pushed it back until Sunday and will be out for an entire day - Our bus leaves at 8:30am, and doesn't return until 8:30pm either.

To my disappointment it isn't a Renaissance Museum as such as it focuses primarily on the 18th, and 19th Century. But should provide some insight nevertheless.

Due to this trip I'll be delaying the release of the next edition of the Regnum Journal by approximately two days. If not completed during this period I'll publish the majority of what has been completed, and add the rest in the next edition.
This works quite well in some sense as there are no events as of yet to announce, although I'm hoping to run another competition soon.

This will hopefully also give me some time to find out some news about the Random Messages competition, and find out when the rest of them will/can be added, and deliver the prizes accordingly.

As an advanced notice I'll soon, although at the moment I don't know when, I'll be starting a thirteen week course via the Job Centre whenever my advisor decides to put me on it. This is once again one I have to attend five days a week, and I have no idea how I'll cope with everything when that starts.

I'm only actually seeking part-time employment to allow me to continue my studies in animal care related subjects, so if and when I do finally find paid employment my time frame won't actually be all that different to what it once was.

Update 30/09/2008 - I'm about ready to rip my own hands off now as I'll be pushing back the release one more day, but no longer after that.

I didn't wake up until fairly late on Monday Morning, then ended up replying to a bunch of emails and writing basically a thank-you letter to a company who replied to a Speculative Letter I sent last week.

I did get a few pages done in the afternoon, though not the big two I wanted to get done which I'm working on now. One user has contacted me to offer their assistance to support the Journal which I'm certainly thankful for, and will be following up on their offer shortly.

Update 01/10/2008 - Edition Twenty-One finally online. ;)

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:27 pm

nice edition mate... gr8 work :)

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:29 pm

btw, do they really make u guys work for student assistance payments! Boy that would suck :( good luck though...

Aha, only just saw this! :D
Actually, the Regnum Journal is purely a volunteer project. No member of the editorial team is given any payment neither in real life, or in-game for their services.
Any incentives come directly out of my own in-game pocket.
-Therian / 28-11-08

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Where can I send "general content" submissions for review?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:51 am

Do you mean for the Journal? You can send those to me, until we have a Journal-team working again. I will save them for later use! :-)

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I observe that the last entry on this forum was dated November 2010.

All is not lost. I have contacted pearlbay several months ago and she has promised to send me an honesty contract so that I might be allowed to pick up the pieces of the Journal and produce an informative and amusing addition to our enjoyable game.

I have several ideas for the platform and I will revive some of Therians initiatives.

I plan to make it easy for anybody to submit anything they like but it will be subjected to a decency cencorship.

Watch this space.

poipoi
of llandeilo-fawr
of Brotherhood of Friends

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:58 pm

And I have sent it - finally. ;-) Please check your mails. :-)

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Pearlbay,
I will keep my eye open for our postman. He has a little red van but he does not bring his cat out with him. Perhaps his has been attacked by too many dogs.
poipoi

another step closer

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:15 am

I checked my e-mail box and found an invitation to read and print out a pdf document for me to sign and send to upjers by snail mail.

I am so excited. I am going to sharpen some old quills and stretch out some rolled parchment.
I do hope the ink well has not dried up!!!
If only my old grammar teacher could see me now.
poipoi

I'll have to find a 'nom de plume' Any ideas?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 am

And I am sure everyone is looking forward to read your texts! :D

Not very creative right now, so I don't have an idea for a name - but maybe someone else does! :-)

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Based on your city name, a Welsh pen name could be appropriate. Taliesin is over-used, perhaps, but certainly not a bad option.

formalities

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi to loyal readers

I have received the formal paperwork from upjers, put my mark in the appropriate boxes, tied it to the right leg of my strongest pigeon and let it fly.
The trade winds appear to be favourable but I hope they don't take Percy, my best pigeon, too far South. He might be tempted by the warmer climate !!

poipoi

Journal

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:00 am

Any progress here ?

Paracelcus of Langenvoorde