Regnum Journal Discussion

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Another great issue, bravo! :)

I'm amazed, good work!

Once again thumbs up and greetings from the Tagblatt!

(German newspaper from kapiregnum.de)

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Edition Seven has now been brought online.

A lot of the pages have only been done in the last few days due to busy commitments IRL, if there are any problems just leave me a note.

This week features yet another new twist to the Sunday Puzzle .. specifically a Crossword! You'll have to solve the various clues, all of which are buildings, items or features in Kapi-Regnum to find the 'golden letters' to find the final answer to submit.

It's a very basic puzzle, but one that should prove most interesting.
Depending on the success of this puzzle I may do more of this variety in the future and even put together a word-search grid for fun (not for the Puzzle).

Aside from that this edition is actually even larger then Edition Six, as it features thirteen information packed pages, compared to twelve last time.

Remember, if you have anything to contribute to the Journal whether it's an article, or just a comment then just submit it in to the Journal through an in-game message.

If your not sure about anything or have any questions, then feel free to contact me. I try to be very approachable, and will respond to virtually any question as best I can, or if it's in relation to something about the game, if I cannot answer it I'll refer your query off to be answered by the administration.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:07 pm

thirteen = unlucky :? :?
next time go for 12 or 14 :lol:
good job btw i look forward to the next one as well congrads

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:27 pm

nice journal... like every second sunday ;)

are u sure that the answer of question 8 has only 9 letters?

and thanks that u have included my article :)

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 pm

KaiserKempe wrote:Are u sure that the answer of question 8 has only 9 letters?
Fixed. Apparently that's what people were trying to tell me over on IRC, although I was away from the computer at the time.
Least those who sent in answers already seem to have got it right regardless of that slight mistake on my part.

The answers are still the same ... just a different order now.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 am

Another good issue, Therian. However, the English major in me would kindly recommend proofing before publishing :oops: But don't read too much into that, I'm just obsessive compulsive that way, heh.

Kempiland's interview about how much it cost him to come in second on the wool competition pretty much proved my point on how it's pretty much impossible for people who have smaller allods to effectively compete in the competition. I would recommend changing the competition to brackets so people differing levels can compete with each other instead of people ranked Sir trying to compete with people ranked as Councillors :cry:

And the recipe for onion soup does sound pretty good! I wonder how it would be with a dallop of sour cream in the soup would taste?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:37 pm

[quote="Desecrates"]
Kempiland's interview about how much it cost him to come in second on the wool competition pretty much proved my point on how it's pretty much impossible for people who have smaller allods to effectively compete in the competition. I would recommend changing the competition to brackets so people differing levels can compete with each other instead of people ranked Sir trying to compete with people ranked as Councillors :cry:
/quote]

The system is easy, some big players try to get gold, and smaller players supply the goods.
And Gold medals are worth what they are worth, you cant just give them out in masses for each bracket winner.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 pm

Actually, Strolling, you can. It's done all the time in the real world. Take a look at wrestling competitions, boxing competitions, there are even different college basketball competitions besides the March Madness. Furthermore, the point of the compettioin is to compete to see who can submit the most wool to the competition, not how many smaller producers can make a little extra money from selling wool.

Furthermore, this is view as a player who refuses to engage in these competition the way they are currently run. There are plenty of other players who feel the same way and who have no desire to compete in these contests the way they are currently structured. I find it easier and cheaper to gain reputation by building the specialty buildings. Of course, reputation doesn't translate into much other than specialized rankings. Again, very little incentive here.

That's my feedback and it's what I'm going to be sticking with so long as the competitions are run in the same way.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 pm

A place holder page will be in place shortly. Due to recent commitments in the real world, for the first time I've been unable to do any major work to the Journal.

I was hoping to finish work early today; baring in mind I do volunteer work at a local Community Farm .. as you may expect with the word 'Farm' unexpected things are a common occurrence, especially at this time of the year - so when just locking up around 4pm GMT I end up finding one of our Sheep half way through giving birth.

Unlike the others we were actually planning to call the vet out to see her as she was very late with the pregnancy, so I ended up staying behind an extra two hours to ensure the birth went well, and wait until the afterbirth came out.

If anyone here happens to live in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire in the UK you could even come see the new Lambs, http://www.willowtree-farm.co.uk

But nevertheless, needless to say with having to keep an eye on them I've been late returning home and with a few things to deal with here, I don't have a whole lot of time to work on the remainder of the journal, especially with been up the farm tomorrow as well; another 7am start.

I've had a good track record so far however been on time, and certainly hope to keep the delay to a minimal. I will however mention that in the place holder will be a few details on applying for an editor position to assist with the journal.

I've contacted the odd one or two people in the past, but usually find they themselves don't have the time to help in any great detail; although there is a lot involved in terms of research it actually only takes a few hours a day even for me if you know what to do.

So because of this delay it also gives me the opportunity to post a job advertisement of sorts to find someone to help. But please do remember however the position is volunteerily run, there are no bonuses involved.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:19 pm

Although a week late the Nineth Edition of the Regnum Journal has finally gone online; this week featuring a whole new set of advertisements, A New Puzzle, and results on the Pears Contest with much more included.

The delay has also given me the opportunity to hire a new editor for the team who will be joining the Editors group shortly after the publishing of the tenth edition next Sunday.

As usual any problems just let me know ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:22 pm

any answer of pearlbay about the problem with the contest? or shall i give up because the results have been published in the Journal? :cry:

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:51 pm

a little mistake at the riddle ;)
We know the distance from the from the Castle to the Storehouse is 165 fathoms, and the distance from the Castle to the Well is 50 fathoms. Both buildings can be reached in a straight line.

:D

When is the next journal?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:10 am

I want to see if my Sunday Puzzle is right! :D

Post by Guest » Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Two new members will soon be joining the Editorial Team.

Welcome to Wu-Mart (of .. Wu-Mart) and Poipoi (of Llandeilo-fawr).

For edition twelve onwards they'll be assisting with the design, production and sourcing of information all for the Journal.

This means that hopefully with this assistance from these two cities the Journal will continue to grow with new features, one has already been planned with possibly more to come.

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Contracts for both the Contest, and Sunday Puzzles have now been sent out, and why? The results for both these events has now gone online with the release of Edition Eleven of the Regnum Journal.

Several new things are planned in future for the journal, especially with this new assistance from Poipoi and Wu-Mart, and one of these features has already been implemented - a Clock displaying the server time, which also automatically updates to adjust for Daylight Savings Time.

This is one of the features I've wanted to get in for a while, but never fully understood how to do it - until reading about it a few days ago. Unfortunately I can't get it to go transparent, but the background colour doesn't stand out too large anyway.

I'm hoping eventually to add a second clock, possibly for the next edition with a new Contest. Not any ordinary clock mind you, but rather a countdown clock to mark the remaining time until the end of the contest. I'll be looking into it but can't guarantee it, yet. ;)

And of course let's not forget the HUGE amount of pictures of the UpJer's Booth at this years Role Play Convention party in Germany taken by Grothiel at WurzelImperium.

As usual any problems, comments, suggestions or such with the Journal just post here! :)