Regnum Journal Discussion

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Regnum Journal Discussion

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:09 pm

If you see this little icon;
It means you haven't read the latest edition, so get to it! ;)

Note that if you read a new edition after publishing this icon will still appear on your next login.
This is normal since the system alerts you at first login when a new edition is released.

Commenting about the Journal

General Comments, Discussion and Questions can be posted in this topic for the Journal, and where necessary the Editorial Team may comment ourselves to answer any questions from you, the readers or to simply express thanks for the comments :)

The Project

The Regnum Journal is a user-run ("volunteer") project by players, for players.

For now, every two weeks a new edition will be released for you, the users, to enjoy and I for one certainly hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I have to pull everything together for this first issue.

The Journal will feature information not only in relation to the game, but to the Middle Ages in general, with much more hopefully planned for future editions.

The Team

Currently it is only myself working on the project, however a special note of thanks goes out to an editor from the German Newspaper, the Tagblatt, Gunny2007 who has helped me pull everything together.

More users will be recruited over time, however I will contact those people personally. Asking will not improve your chances, just be active both in-game and here on the forums, and particularly with Contributions ;)

Contributing to the Journal

If you want to contribute to future editions of the Regnum Journal whether it be suggestions, recipes, articles, riddles or even just to take out an advertisement simply send an IGM to the Journal.

There are specific subject titles to keep in mind, although most are pretty simple.
Advertisements

Market (Classifieds) = Advertising

Guilds = Guild Advertising

Sunday Puzzle

Solution in the subject line.
i.e If you believe the answer to a question is sixteen sheep then that should be your subject title.

Suggestions for puzzles = Riddle Suggestion

Food Recipes

Submitting Recipes = Recipe, {Recipe Name}

Queries = Recipe Query

Please state the journal edition and recipe name in your message.

If you've ever tried cooking one of the recipes posted within the Journal and are willing to share your experiences then please let us know (photos welcome) by sending your comments with the subject line; Recipe Feedback.

Please state the journal edition and recipe name in your message.

Anything Else

Articles are more then welcome, and all we need is your text, and links to pictures if included.
Send with the subject - Article, {Article Name}
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:27 am

Very nice and good job !
I shall be happy to contribute to the next edition !
Thanks to the edition team !
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:47 pm

I have to agree. You did a great job here.

Elwood

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:02 pm

pretty awesome stuff mate.

keep up the good work n Merry Christmas

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:06 pm

i really like this 1st journal riddles.
it takes me about 12 hours to solve it ^^

about cooking recipe part, no comment, i don't like cooking.
i just love eating.. but can't cook ^^

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Imagine a few people will kick themselves (Well not literately ;) ) when they find the answer in the second edition.

For the second edition I'll be adding a difficulty rating to the Puzzles - the next been pretty easy at 2/5

Although the last one would have only gotten a 3/5(ish, 4/5 tops) if read properly.. Just me I can do a lot harder :P

The second edition will feature a "New Year" theme - I'm just pulling together the basic pages then will start doing research for a few articles again.
Eventually with a few new things, although that reminds to be seen yet.

Release date? 6th January, 2008.
I might do a second topic, but depends on how the second edition turns out when it's all ready.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:40 pm

The journal is excellent -- very professional and informative. In fact, the quality of this entire site -- journal, forum, and the game itself -- is head and shoulders above any other on-line game I have played. A hearty "Well Done!" and a clap on the back to all of you.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:50 pm

I like the idea of adding a "Classifieds", it's great to see some ads in a different form!
A big pair of "thumbs up" from Ancient Copenhagen!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Just remember Market Advertisements are only valid for a single issue ;)

It's basically to give everyone a fair chance to advertise their goods, although a second page can be arranged with enough interest.

Details on how to take out a free advertisement are included within the section, and so far two people have taken up advertisements for the next edition.
The ones in the first edition were people I contacted based on their posts on the forums - just to get some listed before the details were published.. :P

Nevertheless, back to work for me - I'm not due to open my gifts until tomorrow anyway as most are at my sisters.

If a few more comments are posted over the next week or so I might go ahead with that comments page too.
Will basically be a way for anyone to get something of their own printed on the paper :)
Besides Advertisements, of course...

Merry Christmas to All!

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:44 am

Just wanted to take a moment to compliment you on the excellent journal production, Therian! Your work is much appreciated. :D

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:02 am

I agree with all people having posted before... the journal is really (!) well done and thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to the next edition.

Keep up the good work! :)

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:00 pm

Almost ready for the release of Edition 2 on Sunday, with another Interviewee too (Who? Wait and see :P).

However there are still only two advertisements in the Market, and considering these advertisements are free how can people not be interested? ;)

Check the Classifieds section of the Regnum Journal for details how to take out an advertisement in time for the second edition of the paper.

about the journal

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:50 pm

to tell the truth i solve it in 5 seconds the rideal but i want suggest something, let's mack player pay 1k ct for each product you buy or sell and this money will given to "cherty" or the journal mackers beacuse i think they macking an EXELLENT jot and they diserve it

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:58 pm

Second Edition!

Shortly after this post I'll be releasing the second edition of the Regnum Journal for public viewing.

This is another packed edition featuring a total of 10 pages filled with a range of information including, but not limited to; Recipes, Another player Interview, details on an old legend from the Church, and Calenders ;)

If you see this little icon;
It means you haven't read the latest edition, so get to it! ;)

Sunday Puzzle

Over 80 entries were sent in for the first puzzle in the first edition, with just over 60 correct. Of these three users were selected at random to receive a special prize.

Congratulations to the following three cities; Hao, La Town du la Q & Ithaka.

The prizes will be sent out within the next few days. I'll update this post when I know what it actually is myself.

The answer for the last riddle was Five - with the solution and an explaination of this covered in the actual journal.

Cooking Recipes

Did anyone try cooking, and so tasting the "Caboche Potage" (Cabbage, Leek & Onion Soup) recipe featured in the first edition?

Or perhaps your going to try cooking the recipe included for this week if your more of a "fish" person ;)

If you do so please let us know how it turned out and how you liked the general recipe - As much detail as you wish to enter! Perhaps you added something extra to the dish?
Photos are also more then welcome of how you served the meal, and of course most entries will be published in an edition of the journal.

Entires can be sent to the Journal with the subject title Recipe Feedback.

Journal Archive

One thing mentioned in the first edition is a Journal Archive - This feature hasn't yet been activated but should be soon.
Basically it will create a new link from your office for you to see the past editions of the journal including the latest along with the date of release information.

The actual symbol will be named Journal Archive with the symbol as shown below;

Until then the first edition can still be seen through this link;
http://www.kapi-regnum.com/zeitung.php4 ... &ausgabe=1

Comments

As before any comments can be posted in this thread ;)

Oh, and Matikonen, while it is a nice gesture the work on the journal is purely volunteery - And even though it's only me working on it at the moment I find the reward is in doing the work towards it. Even I've learnt a good few things about the middle ages while doing research for the different articles.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:47 pm

Hm, I think I'll try doing the fish recipe sometime this week. For that matter, mayhaps I'll do the Cabbage Potage as well and serve it all to some friends :wink: