Regnum Journal Discussion

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Another fine edition, congratulations!

Continue on this level and the Tagblatt will send editors over to learn from you!

Greetings from the Tagblatt,

gunny :)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:37 pm

*Joins Gunny in a short over-the-border-trip to nose around on the .com version of Kapi Regnum*
Congrats on the new bulky newspaper edition - it looks great!
Greeting from Het Dagblad as well! :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Journal Archive - Now online

The Journal Archive button has now been brought online.
Through clicking the icon you will see previous editions of the Regnum Journal as well as the current one in an easy to use click-format opening that edition in either a new Tab, or Window depending on your browser settings.

In addition to this they also show the date that edition was published with the day, month and year - You'll notice Edition 1 came out in 2007, while Edition 2 was released just yesterday in 2008 for instance ;)

Sunday Puzzle Prizes

The three winners of the last Sunday Puzzle have been sent contracts for their prize ... a reputation item named the philosopher's stone.

This is a unique item given only as a prize from the Sunday Puzzle, and doesn't require any special status or buildings to receive them as they are stored in your Storehouse under a special section accessible via the 'storehouse status symbols' icon.

As for what they are for - They add +4 points to your Reputation.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 am

Once again I want to tell everybody, what a great job Therian is doing here with this journal. It is a lot of work he puts in this journal I want to encourage everyone who wants to help, to do so.

Especially the fact that we now have a contest, is a great great thing.

Thank you for all the work you invest in this great journal.

Elwood

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:45 am

Yes, excellent job and thanks to all involved.

And the Egardusye is very tasty. Next, I will try the soup from issue 1.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:28 pm

Then perhaps you could tell us a brief description of your experience of cooking and eating Egardusye, Gonzo914? ;)
Was it easy to cook? Who did you cook for? Did you add anything to the ingredients? How did you enjoy the meal? That kinda thing.

And in other news Edition 4 of the Regnum Journal has now been released. This week featuring a Chinese New Year theme considering the Chinese New Year celebrations begin on the 7th of this month ;)

The actual Tiger Month, the first month of the Lunar Calendar begins on the 4th of February, however the celebrations begin with the first new moon, and many of the traditions lead back to the Middle Ages as I've stated within the Journal.

Can you find your Zodiac, Inner and Secret animal? ;)
Of course you don't have to post it here, unless you feel like revealing your exact age down to the time of your birth :P

Also included in this issue is a recipe for a traditional Chinese meal, Longevity Noodles, which are already flying off the shelves of shops quicker then they can come in.
These represent long life, and cutting them is a sign of bad luck and is said to reduce your own life. Is it superstition, or truely founded? We don't know.

Otherwise I've changed this topic to become a constant discussion thread, so any opinions, questions or discussions on any edition of the Journal can be posted in here. If talking about an older issue be sure to say which ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:37 pm

Good job!

Maybe I will try writing a Recipe Feedback about Longevity Noodles :)

The Chinese New year is the most important festival here in Taiwan, we usually have a 4-day public holiday from the Eve to the Third day. (the Third day is Saturday. Therefore, we have a "compensative" holiday on 11, totally 6 days) I am looking forward to my trip! :lol:

Wish all of you a happy Chinese New Year!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:40 pm

Many pages, that is a lot of work, Therian. Nicely done.

Year of the Rat, huh? I have to remember to stop writing Year of the Pig on my checks.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:40 pm

Hello

I would like to bring a little colour into the play and have done pictures for the journal...

one for the Sunday Puzzle

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.d78.de/images/1203025391Sunday_Puzzle_Kopie.gif[/img]
and one for the Contest

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.d78.de/images/1203025462Contest_Kopie.gif[/img]
I hope you like it...

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:06 am

Excellent!

Thank you, Alona, for the images.
The Sunday Puzzle image has been added to the next edition, and the Contest image will be used when the next contest is released.

They'll certainly add some extra colour to the Journal, and help those two sections stand out more - The shadow under the letters is considerably larger in the Contest image then for the Sunday Puzzle, but it isn't that big of a deal.

A (c) note has also been added to the Credits Section.

By the way for those wondering the fifth edition has a Valentines Theme, including a short article about Saint Valentine

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:07 am

Thank you for your answer...
I am glad very much :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have looked only before how much Place is in every section and thus I have done it... If a little bigger or should be smaller, simply send me message and I change this... Even if other pictures are needed, I can provide with pleasure... Simply a PM or IGM to me send

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:46 am

waiting eagerly for this edition and the contest too...

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:30 pm

pk wrote:waiting eagerly for this edition and the contest too...
Well you won't have to wait much longer ;)

Regnum Journal - Edition Six is now online.

The actual contest itself won't begin until 00:10 tomorrow morning after the statistics update, this is due to some confusion last time with it been opened, before the journal was published.

I'll be setting up contests on a two-edition basis, meaning Edition Six holds contest two, while Edition Seven will post the results - the third contest will be ready in Edition Eight.

The times are long enough apart with this so they are often enough, but not too often as to cause them to become rather boring, and lose their specialness.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:22 pm

thank you for all of your hard work it means a lot to all of us.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Excellent Work Therian. Just love your work.

I might try n contribute something in the future. :)