How long to Bourgeois?

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

How long to Bourgeois?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:05 am

Just a general question, to help me figure out how well I'm doing; about how long did it take everyone to get from the start of the game up to Bourgeois level?

Bourgeois level

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:42 am

hi yos,
i been 1ndering that 4 myself i been playing 4 bout 3 weeks i still have 800,000 ct to go b4 i get there myself i hope to achieve this in abit over a week.

but then some1 else who has acheived this already may give beta idea of time plus any tips on aprouching Bourgeois level :lol:

robios
kingsvalley

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:48 am

It took me a couple of weeks but I would have done it all different. I didn't make good decisions but this is the first time for me playing a game like this.

-Duncan

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:46 am

A good rule of thumb is that you want to try to grow your city by 10% per day.

This rule is from Kapilands, but it seems to apply fairly well in this game. At some level of growth this becomes impossible, but that takes quite a while.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:37 am

Well not everyone necessarily has the same goals. But if you want to be progressing at a good pace, you should get from start to 2mil in 2 weeks. If you get to the 3 week mark and aren't there yet, you need to seriously think about supplementing your business with simple wood selling.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:24 pm

Is wood better than beets? I never had a lumberjack.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:55 pm

Duncan wrote:Is wood better than beets? I never had a lumberjack.
Yes it is, based on current pricing. You would need to be able to sell Q0 beets for 6 each in order to equal the profitability of wood. Right now, wood is one of the most profitable things you can do with a 20m building.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Duncan wrote:Is wood better than beets? I never had a lumberjack.
Most defintly a 20m lumberjack can produce at least 1000 per day (even in Huskter rank it can in 22hrs)

So your looking at 22,000.00cT a day ... in 3 days you've paid off the building and most paid for the water you;ve boughten with change left over. From then on its more profits.

Wood is the oil of Kapilands. So many things need it.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:11 pm

And it doesn't take any research either. I would make wood if I restarted. I make beets now, but at least they are quality 3 already and I've already build all the buildings.

- Duncan

Better uses of wood

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:54 pm

Don't know if its relevant here, but I think there are better uses for wood than just selling it.

OK, lets see, the price of upgrading buildings rises considerably as you achieve the next ranks.

So, is it not better to upgrade your lumberjacks and breweries/taverns/manufacturing;markets with all the wood ou can produce, ...

So, what happens is that your city value grows slowly in the beginning b'coz you are pouring it all into increasing your allod and that has a material cost that you just paid in cash for (one way or the other)

Then, when you finally get promoted, you have already managed to upgrade all your buildings and are sitting on a gold mine of high productivity industry and high sales volume markets that would lead to a really charged up growth later on. (after you get promoted)

And you managed to do it all at the lower prices (for upgrades).

So, I strongly disagree with selling all your wood.

You'd be better off cutting costs to the minimum in the start and really build up and upgrade. You can buy stuff off the markets/contracts to sell in your markets when you have some cash to spend.

I don't know if this works for everyone, but it does for me because I end up with a strong production/retail system that can even take lower stats prices as it sells a lot of volume, even at a higher price.