Parchment contest

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Parchment contest

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:14 pm

I have a really ticked off group of people wondering why the contest ran an hour longer than it was supposed to this time around? I suspect you will be hearing from them soon. In fact, here they are now.... :?

Re: Parchment contest

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:22 pm

:evil: Yeah, what's up with that? :(

This has happened more than once, too, since I have been playing this game (end of 2008). I think that there should be some way to compensate people for this because a LOT of people are counting on ACCURATE times. If there can be no ACCURATE times, then WHY do you choose to end competitions at a POSTED time that is NOT followed? :evil:
Last edited by Guest on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:58 pm

hmm...

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:11 pm

We spend time, effort and cts to produce contest products, the contest not finishing until 1 hour after it was supposed to is not acceptable, I hope someone is going to investigate what went wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Dear Upjers Staff,
How is that after 2 weeks of hard work and spending resources on a very satisfying project someone find himself in a position that will reward him less or even not at all as he suposed to be when the job has been done. And all this becouse someone didn't do their JOB and have disposed 1 hour from his plans.Just in a right spot.What was a great achievement (a cup, top10 or 20, even top100 for some little new villages) sudenly goes to less rewards or even nothing. This is wrong, totally wrong!!!!!!!!! The rules have to respect themselves before someone is asked to respect them.
How this is supose to be enjoyable as a game should be?
Did you know that MLT (and other succesfull guilds) is build around goals that bring people together. There have been some goals here besides contests, but too few. Contest are the ones that mostly do provide a solid playground for the action part of this game.
So, what could i say to a young player to convince him this is not a joke and contests are the most fun? How could i ask for him next time to be involved at highest rate in contests? What should i say to keep him/her intrested in the game.
So, dear Upjers staff please give us the "sorry for inconveniance" speech, but please FIX this errors once and for all.

Respect, Stefan
Mayor of BlueBlack village
PS: i wasn't afected by the changes on the Indy final placements, but i was really upset becouse the fair play got smacked hard in this extra hour. If it's a jungle out there then i better not stay in it.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 am

Hi everyone,

please accept my apologies for not getting back to you earlier on this issue. Our developers are still in the process of finding the cause of the problem here, though. Obviously we know that you are basing your own plans in the contests on the times and dates announced in-game, and it is naturally our aim to ensure that you can indeed do so - and will be able to do so in future as well. However, unfortunately, errors can happen everywhere, and despite our best aims, they can happen to us as well.

Of course we are going to do our best to ensure that there won't be any problems with the currently running contest. Given the fact that the former competition has ended and the rewards have been sent out, we can't do anything to rectify what went wrong here in retrospect though - I am terribly sorry, but equally sure that you'll understand that.

As you know, this issue has affected all players equally - those who ended up in the winning positions as well as as everyone else, so has advantaged / disadvantaged (the fact that the contest has lasted an hour longer than planned may have been as advantageous to some as it was disadvantageous to others) all participants equally - after all, the winners, too, have been basing their plans on the announced ending times - so while I, please let me underline that once again - completely understand your disappointment and anger here, all participants did have equal chances of still reaching the positions they aimed for - or were equally disadvantaged.

Please believe me when I also state once more that our team is already busily working on fixing this issue, and I'll make sure to keep you all updated of course.

I'd also like to comment on the following post (which has now been approved by us):
Elst wrote:This is the message if you try to tell rewards are not received yet :evil:

"This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved."

Although this seems normal in some country's its not normal for an online gaming SERVICE provider ....... :?
To protect our forums from spam we are working with specific anti-spam-devices here that have not been programmed by us.

The software, among others, closely monitors the actions of newly registered users and has a tendency of marking posts as possible spams in several cases - among others, if the posters have used many smileys in their messages - which is indeed something you often find in spam-messages.

It's certainly not our aim to stop our users from posting in our forums - however we are trying our best to keep our forums safe from spam, and normally the tools we use do a very good job in that field as well. Still, I am very sorry that this has made your first use of the forum so unpleasant, Elst - please accept my apologies for that!

Of course I'll be back here with further news as soon as I can!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 pm

So why can this contest not be re-opened at the completion of this one.. this time with a correct end time and date?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:57 pm

I don't think repeating a contest is the best idea, especially as people will most likely have submitted all their goods already, and going through the same process again would be trying, I think. Hopefully the Upers devs can figure out what went wrong and how to keep it from happening again. Out of curiosity, was it just our server, or did all servers experience the same thing? (I seem to remember it happening a couple of weeks ago, too, but I think that might just have been a daylight savings time change thing.)

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:54 am

OK. That all went well. Don't you think? 8)
Now, about that disgusting SKYPE ad in my research screen that having a premium account is supposed to keep me from enduring.... :roll:

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 am

Hi again everyone,
jediping wrote:Out of curiosity, was it just our server, or did all servers experience the same thing? (I seem to remember it happening a couple of weeks ago, too, but I think that might just have been a daylight savings time change thing.)
Yes, the problem did affect other servers as well. We assume there is a connection to the changeover from winter to summer time, as the contest affected here was created on the 31st - this may have been the case with other affected contests as well. If this is the case, then the contests created during CEST (such as the current one), should be fine. We are, however, still looking into the case, until we have found the exact cause and solved the problem of course.
Stonehaven wrote:OK. That all went well. Don't you think? 8)
Now, about that disgusting SKYPE ad in my research screen that having a premium account is supposed to keep me from enduring.... :roll:
Where exactly do you see an ad there? I've had a look into the research section and don't see anything with an activated premium account. Though, since that's a different issue, it might be a good idea to pursue it elsewhere. Please either open a different thread or send us a support request and we'll look into this for you. Adding a screenshot might be a good idea as well. :)

I'll get back to you on the matter at hand as soon as I can, at any rate - thank you for bearing with us until then!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Stonehaven wrote:OK. That all went well. Don't you think? 8)

Use AdBlock Plus from FireFox's addons. Takes care of all that stuff. ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 am

I think that is already running, actually.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:53 am

Do you have a screenshot for me then, Stonehaven, or can tell me exactly where you see that ad?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:04 am

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the problem seems to have indeed, as we supposed, been caused by the time change to daylight saving time. The contest was created on the day of the switch from winter to summer time, which seems to have caused the issues here. That means: there shouldn't be any further problems now.

Certainly, our developers are going to make sure to fix this problem, so there won't be any problems with the next time change and contests. :)

Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Best regards,

pearlbay