Robotic contest #1

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Re: Robotic contest #1

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, number 2 looks to have gone off a lot better. Can't wait to find out what the next contest product is. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Well, number 2 looks to have gone off a lot better. Can't wait to find out what the next contest product is.
Nice sentiment, too bad they stumbled into #3. Maybe they should use a abacus instead of a robot. Or perhaps change the batteries in the poor contraption. :roll:

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Stonehaven wrote:
Well, number 2 looks to have gone off a lot better. Can't wait to find out what the next contest product is.
Nice sentiment, too bad they stumbled into #3. Maybe they should use a abacus instead of a robot. Or perhaps change the batteries in the poor contraption. :roll:
Bwahahahhaha :lol: :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Just a minor stumble with the journal, right? I think they've found the "Baghdad batteries" my mad scientists have been messing around with. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am

Someone please hire them a programmer!

Actually, unfair call about programmers. Maybe they need a production planner or a controller that can manage!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

Hi PK
I share your anger and frustration BUT always look on the bright side of life.

It can't get any worse, can it?

I just feel like a guinea pig in a lotto tumble machine.

poipoi

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Poor guinea pig :cry:

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Testing before a software release is a GOOD thing.

Testing in production is a bad thing.

So many recent screw-ups...makes those of us who spend real money on this game think twice about whether we want to continue supporting them.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 pm

I'll summarise and hide some recent posts by saying just this:

Very disappointed by the recent spate of problems, it is far more than ever before and definitely greater than usual expectation.

Now, if that doesn't suit you as far as feedback goes, please feel free to do as you please. I try my best to be civil, noting your concerns.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 am

Hi again everyone,

all of us would have wished for a much smoother start with the new system. It may not seem like that at the moment, as quite a few problems came together here recently, but all updates are thoroughly tested before they are introduced. That still doesn't mean they are fault-proof - in fact we had a lot of incidents on other games, too, were errors occurred on the so-called "live-servers" that not once appeared during our tests. Problems with technology, oversights or simply glitches can always occur where man and machines meet.

It is most certainly our attempt, though, to reduce possible problems to an absolute minimum, to offer you a stable and reliable game. Obviously we haven't been quite as successful at that recently as we normally are, whatever the underlying reasons were.

As far as I can tell the current contest started, as it should, on Sunday, April 1rst, and will end at the 13th (Friday next week), as it should now. I did announce before the times were going to change here, and the only reason the contests started on Fridays and ended on Sundays before here (and not vice versa as it is now) is that they had to be prepared manually by myself or my colleagues. Now they start and end on the same days they start/end in all other countries, as well as on all other games that do have contests.

Should the selected products not be to your liking - no need to worry: the next contest will come up soon, and possibly offer something more to your liking.

We are open to constructive criticism always, of course, and if there is anything we can ameliorate, please feel free to post your suggestions as usual!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:39 pm

poipoi wrote:
It can't get any worse, can it?

OMG! Are you NUTS?! You NEVER say that because then it will ALWAYS get worse! :shock:

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

anything we can ameliorate,
I love the word "ameliorate." I just wonder how many people know what it means.
Sad but true...a recent study showed that 60% of Americans don't know the meaning of the word "revoke." :?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:06 am

Who is loving these current contests?!?

cuz I am :) So glad I can't throw an apple into the cart this time. Pretty tiring these closely spaced contests are.

And again 2 products with the same production chain... with the exact same building to boot :D Can't get better. Bring it on SKYNET.

your predictable

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:53 pm

The rapid succession of contests does seem to mean that guilds are more likely to decide to sit out some of the guild contests, which could allow smaller guilds a better shot at winning. Which is good for them, but not as much fun for the larger guilds, I think.

This may get into a level of complexity too difficult to contemplate for the contest selection, but it would be nice if both products didn't end up so complicated. I'm fine with at least sometimes needing the same buildings, because that forces you to choose between yourself and your guild. (And it seems most of the products require farms or manufactories at some point.) However, when both products are as complex as the pearl and mussel necklaces, it becomes much more difficult for newer/smaller cities to participate in what feels like a meaningful way. Cities/guilds that do participate are likely going to need help at only one or two stages, and possibly very specifically, like "tools over Q13" or something like that.

I don't exactly know how to define this complexity easily. Perhaps the number of buildings needed if making the product from scratch? (Except for water, 'cause wells are silly!) Pearl necklaces need: stone pit, lumberjack, manufactory, fishing hut, goldsmith. And some of those it may need twice! Wool, on the other hand, needs farms and cattle farms.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I think goods like eiderdowns, ginger/sweet bread etc are perfect contest products. They aren't basic goods, production chains are complex, however, the buildings required and the user base making/able to switch to those raw materials is fairly good. Also, consumes grain and breaks the beer cycle.

If they could program their bot to avoid setting an unusual building for the finished product only ~ 1 in 4 times, and never on both contests at the same time, that would work to keep some interest alive.