Robotic contest #1

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Robotic contest #1

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:10 am

Saltpetre q8, the humans have decided to blow the machines' brains out. Albeit there are so many that it needs all the guilds in the realm to make enough for John Connor to take back with him.
It's a little stupid because the whole thing is he idea of another machine. Damn you SKYNET.

Disclaimer: I have a vested interest in said machines above due to prolonged exposure to their cold drivel my brain had to be amputated and partially replaced by a microchip. This also explains ge ba humour.

Re: Robotic contest #1

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm trying hard to see a silver lining in today's early closure of the contests but geesh, it's very hard to actually see one.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I see a gold-tinted lining....but yeah, the amount of saltpetre in my storehouse is still sad-making. :(

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:46 am

Ya. Irrespective of what someone got or not, the state of their management of things atm is very slack.

At least, with HUMAN beings setting contests they bridged the gap of whatever was a fault in the program. I wonder if any of the original developers are still on the regnum project. Every fault I find is something that was changed from the original at some stage and. Ow doesn't work as the change was intended to.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 pm

whoops :lol:

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:32 pm

I used to do IT staffing. Maybe I can make a couple of phone calls. :(

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 pm

I see everyone is left speechless with their solution to the above problem. :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll:

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am

Is this 5 day add-on an extension to an already annoying situation or has the automated robot developed a sick sense of humour.
I am not amused because I put my excess silver onto the market at a reasonable normal price and it was snapped up at 20 minutes passed midnight.

poipoi

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 am

@ Stoner.. you know, they don't have the gall to respond in any meaningful way. Not an announcement, no justification, much as you like to not draw conclusions, there are obvious hints.

@ poipoi... I refer you back to my original post:
prolonged exposure to their cold drivel my brain had to be amputated and partially replaced by a microchip. This also explains ge ba humour.

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:58 am

I'm sorry, I don't work during week-ends, so no one was able to communicate the current solution to the current problem until now.

The current solution offers you the possibility to clear out the stock you built up the way it was meant to be. If you chose to sell it on the market beforehand, without awaiting our response (you should know by now that we don't work during the week-end) there's not much we can do about that in retrospect.

Be that as it may, our approach to the problem's solution is not loved, I get that, but there's no reversing it. The next automated contests will run smoothly, I was assured, so I hope that will limit the grief both sides receive in this matter.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:24 pm

fingers and toes crossed.

No chance of normal non-robotic contests?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Not been here that long but it appears they just had a blip in the system, seen the same thing on another game and these things just happen every so often. Obviously its quite a newish system for them as I've not seen the automatic contests before just the manually set ones (although I don't play every Upjers game) but it was obviously a little buggy and if they squish the bugs everything should run smooth. At least then everyone will know the contests will operate on time and without interruptions.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 pm

If you chose to sell it on the market beforehand, without awaiting our response (you should know by now that we don't work during the week-end)
So, if people thought you were gonna do nothing, because a simple message was too much for anyone to handle in the office, regardless of when, it is not on you, because you all didn't screw this up for everyone in the first place and simply saying "hang on 'til Monday" was more than players deserved....
Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. :shock:

Now, for those who don't translate well, does "same contest modalities" mean an extension or a new short contest? I mean, that sounds pretty ominous since the "modality" of the last contest is the damned problem. Sorry for being dense, but understanding you guys has become a real chore lately. Believing you even more so.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 am

I think I ought to change my name to "confused from Carthage !"

Contests used to end at weekends; Sunday nights at 23:59. Then Kapi Regnum went into about 10 minute shut down to sort out its number crunching. ( I don't believe this was done manually.)
WE KNEW WHERE WE STOOD. If we had missed it we had Missed it.

The recent contest was contracted to end at 23:59 Kapi time on Friday ( Or was it Thursday?). When I submitted my Q4 Silver I was told there was no contest.
I accept I missed the date to send my contract.
Similar to any self respecting silversmith, I have reset my stone mason to produce higher Q silver

The New or Extended 5 Day contest for Q4 silver started at 00:01 on Sunday.

Was some person working overtime? Does the computer "thinks" it starts work on Sundays?

I don't expect any compensation for my ill placed judgement but an explanation from those in charge of how the "NEW" arrangements are meant to work would be seriously appreciated.

I remain, Confused from Carthage.
AKA poipoi

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:32 am

I agree, this latest spate of minimal communication is throwing things out.
Pearlbay used to try and forewarn us of things. I would understand if Duff is sitting in for her and has extra stuff to handle, but even an announcement of that so we know what to expect is better than this.
Normal contests were set to go weekend to weekend. It really beats me why that schedule wasn't fed into this solve all problem robot system!