Robotic contest #1

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Re: Robotic contest #1

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 pm

For my six pennyworth ( one and a half groats in old money) contests help guild members to co-operate by having a mutual champion or going for a goblet.

I would like to see a simple cash accumulator contest for the benefit of individual cities and a contrived guild contest to stretch the co-operation of cities within the guilds.

I am happy the contests/competitions run during the same time but they do not need to start and end simultaniously.

If future contest are to be 'robot' controlled, I think a more simpathetic programmer might be commissioned.

poipoi

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 am

Officially boycotting the contest(s).

2 reasons. Too close together & the product picking mechanism is retarded.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 am

I have a suggestion. A very simple one that I want to put forward politely.

The changes you guys are making to the basic gameplay are NOT being liked.

I don't care about all the gimmicks you can/do introduce, they are a bit of fun and no harm in them. BUT, stop screwing with the game engine. You're making it hardly worth playing.
I'm not venting, yet..... An analogy will be, if I don't like the economics of a product, I'd ditch it and start making something else. Similarly, if I don't like your contest, I'd ditch it. This metaphorical 'I' is quite a few players. And unfortunately for you guys, the contests are one BIG interesting part of the game. Lose that and there is a lot of interest gone. You will just have people lose interest altogether. Its happened to a few members already and the way this game is managed is squarely to blame.

^ That is honest, unbiased feedback for you. These changes aren't working. The robotic contests aren't working. The monotonous direction the game is being pushed to isn't working. The increased frequency of the contests isn't working. The stats price caps are retarded. The storehouse price averaging bug is annoying and STUPID. THere are definite issues that need fixing. Please, I request that you pass on this feedback to the Company. I hope they listen and fix things.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

thank you all for your feedback here. Of course when we make changes to the game, it is always our intention to ameliorate the game in the interest of all players. And it is understandable, too, that it generally takes a while for everyone to get used to a new system.

As always, I'll make sure to pass on your feedback here, to see whether it is possible to give the automatized contest a small tweak, and to fine-tune the product selection of both contests. Due to the upcoming public holiday, our team is not fully staffed today, so I am afraid I won't be able to give you any further feedback today. I'll get back to you with news from our developers' side as soon as I can, though, as always!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Whatever change, if any, was made to this script seems to have made the difference :) ty

Post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

I agree. :) I like the very different products. Gonna be an interesting contest run on both of them!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 am

Whoops. Computer says noooooooooooooo

Kapi's evil robot has decided to over ride any post production programming and deliver back to back retarded contests for the amusement of all (not).

Well, I'd tell it to stick it where the sun doesn't shine but do robots have those? Ermmmmmm....

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:54 am

O foolish ghost. You must not blame the robots for the sins of their makers for they are only doing what they are programmed to do.
They were destined to wear jewelry to reflect the sun's rays that shine upon them thus preventing the golden rays penetrating any tiny orifices.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 am

Hmnnnn

Some feedback for the programmers.

The random function is actually a well defined mathematical function. Would be a far sight better than the current dish served up.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Actually, a random function may turn up this sort of repeat of exactly the same good and quality, because random is random. I don't necessarily want random, I want variety! Somewhere in the KR databases is a list of what goods have been for which contests, at least in some form. Seems like checking the results against that list to avoid repeats would be a fairly simple step. And would prevent a lot of whining on our part, at least. :)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Robotic does not have to be random. KapiRob could be told to check if the contests were similar and re-choose again until they are different. Is it so long ago we used IF - THEN in programming?
I would like to see straight forward hi volume contests for individuals and a multiple input requirement for the guild contest to encourage cities to synchronise and cooperate.

poipoi

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:50 am

Hi there,

we're already working on a revised version of the automated contest, which should be available soon. That should guarantee for a larger variety and ensure products from the same production chain won't be requested in the next contest - among others.

We'll let you know as soon as we are ready to get the revised version on-line for you, of course.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:11 pm

I hope you will not go overboard and never have two items from the same supply chains. On occasion they are a fun challenge. But it needs to be more rare than not.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Brent,

we've passed on all feedback we received so far from the com, nl and de servers (including the feedback you posted yesterday regarding the production chains), and are busily testing the new settings now. Of course it's always possible to make further tweaks based on the feedback we then receive - but I very much hope they'll be to your liking already. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 am

I think there needs to be a contest for making abacus and lettering charts.... :?