Forum appearance

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

pearlbay

Re: Forum appearance

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 am

Hi again,

what I meant, PK, when I was referring to the fact that the new style makes administration easier was that every forum style has different settings, and not all styles do come with the full set of languages and buttons that we need. As our games are available in several languages, we tended to often run into the problem that the style we had chosen for a specific forum for instance didn't come with a full set of buttons in a specific language - even English, and these then had the be re-created by our graphic designers. But this is just one example. Different styles also mean the buttons, etc. are in different areas on each forum - if you have just one style, you know exactly where for instance your link to the admin-area can be found and are able to access it with one click.

And it makes updating the forum software easier and quicker for our programmers - which also is better for security, of course, as the forums can much easier and faster be updated on a regular basis.

I understand that you all may have enjoyed a forum style with slightly more earthy colours than this one for Kapi Regnum, but we had to decide on one that would best go with all of our games - so we chose a neutral colour that also is featured in our company's logo. I hope those of you who don't like it will get used to it soon - I'll do my best to make the stay on this forum for you enjoyable nevertheless. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Oooops!
I can remember here was another post today in the morning!
A very direct, but fact by fact a correct one.
What happened to this post?

Volki

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 pm

It was deleted. I didn't read it but I know it was something (got mail notification). What is it about?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 pm

... deleted!

What a shame ...

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 am

Hi there,

I am afraid the post had to be removed (not deleted, we never delete posts, we remove them if necessary), due to disregarding the forum rules and posting unfounded accusations - I am sorry, I personally don't like having to remove comments myself, but had to do so in this case.

Thank you very much for your understanding,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Honstly I don't understand the difference between "deleted" and "removed" in this case but English is not my mother tongue so I don't need to understand every small detail. :D

I can remember the subject of the removed post and I don't understand why you are talking about "unfounded accusations".

In my opinion the post was written in a very direct way - that is correct but we are all adults so this should not be a problem - and was referring to another so called "removed discussion". I remember this one very good because a college of you was writing in an unclever way in this thread. It was just a bug report - a correct one btw.! I think you were on hiliday at that time.

The positive point is that I remembered the calculation error that I noted in the same "removed discussion" and ... it is corrected now! :) Perfect, well done! This is the way as I know the upjers team!

So we see, everything has a positive point!

Wish you all a good night - Europe falls asleep ;-)
Volki

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 am

volki wrote:Honstly I don't understand the difference between "deleted" and "removed" in this case but English is not my mother tongue so I don't need to understand every small detail. :D
In my first language (Polish) "delete" and "remove" can be translated as two different words, but they are... synonims ;)

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 am

Hi again,

the person who posted this reply has been informed as to why his comment was removed (that means, removed from the public forum, not deleted) - I think that should suffice. The point was not that they disagreed with the way the forum layout changes were handled, but the form in which this was expressed, indicating that we purposely make decisions without taking our players' opinion into consideration.

And that is certainly not true. I am sorry that some decisions we had to make in the past or recent past didn't always meet with everyone's agreement, but we certainly always make careful considerations before any changes, updates, etc. are being made. Of course it'd be awesome if we could reach an overall agreement every time - and we certainly strive to do so - but this can't always be the case. Still, it will remain our aim.

Again, I am very sorry that in the case of the forum layout, we didn't manage to find your agreement - still, we did our best to make the forum layout suitable for all our games, and, as you may understand, with games that are so intrinsically different from others as in the case of some of our games, this was simply the best option.

Regarding the game: our programmers are doing the best in ameliorating Kapi Regnum for you, and, I think, have done a splendid job in the past months regarding special campaigns, features and updates to the game: and they certainly will keep doing so. I am sure there'll be lots of great things to look forward to this year, and I hope more than enough reason for you all to keep enjoying playing the game and visiting our forum. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Silveriks wrote:
pearlbay wrote:The new forum will give you extra security, and should also ensure better protection from bot-attacks.
Better security?

So why I have access to almost all posts when I am logged off?

Why every unregistered person can read all posts?

Why google and bing bots still index all our posts?
pearlbay wrote:Hi there,

the forum permissions seem to not have been thoroughly tested after the forum was moved... I am terribly sorry for this and will go scolding my colleague... ;) This will now be changed. I've already made quite a few changes yesterday, but apparently not enough...
Any changes :?: :?:

I still observe google bots.

Every unregistered person can read our forum.

Every unregistered person (and non-player) can sign up here and spam our forum.

At last weekend I observed more than 20 spam topics.

In old forum we had spam very rarely. Now there is much more. More attractive domain?? I observed many spam topics on several upjers forums (different games, different languages) but some have faster moderators...
pearlbay wrote:The new forum will give you extra security, and should also ensure better protection from bot-attacks.
HUH :?: :?:

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Fun Topics is being abused with adverts. Where on this new secure forum can we report abuse. I will be informing pearlbay directly.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 pm

If you find an advert post or something other you want to report, you can press the button with red exclamation mark in that topis.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 am

I suppose easier to 'administrate' translates to easier for spambots to adapt to. After all, now they learn one system to abuse and apply it to all Upjers forums.

Bah. I don't know if keeping a different appearance will do anything to that but there could be board settings you guys could explore to mix it up a little.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 pm

I am terribly sorry for this and will go scolding my colleague
Scold hell. Cut something off! Wanna borrow Rufus? 8)