Forum appearance

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Forum appearance

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi to all of us.
In my opinion, the new presentation of the forum is clean, clear, and COLD. I know I am a dinasour but I preffered the warmer pages of the forum. I thought my computer colour was playing up so I went out and came back.

PoiPoi

Re: Forum appearance

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Yip

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi guys,

sorry about that - I would have informed you of the changes in advance, but they were pretty sudden and my colleague seems to have forgotten to inform me when he was done updating and moving the forum... otherwise I would of course posted an announcement in time.

The new forum will give you extra security, and should also ensure better protection from bot-attacks. The layout had to be updated, as the new forum-version was no longer compatible to the one we had before. Due to the fact that this layout will in future be used on all our forums, we can also keep the forum updated much better and easier, thus giving you a much better and securer forum-experience!

I hope, at any rate, you will enjoy your stay on the forum just as much as you did before!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 pm

D

There would be somewhere a skin for this forum server that looks a little less met talc than the current one?!

Might be an idea to look at applying a new theme :)

Cheers

PK

PS: I remember back when I put the 'wood' theme on my browser to make it look like Kapi. lol

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:58 pm

I like the clean look also, but I have to agree about the color scheme. This looks like a kapilands color set. There is nothing medieval about this unless you are from the frozen rocks of Fierzdaufen. Something warmer/woodier/natural is definitely in order.
May I suggest greens, or deep stone-greys, or royal blues/reds etc..., or woody browns? If not, I won't suggest them. :wink:

Anything that makes life easier for the whole system has to be good, though. Congrats. 8)

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 pm

pearlbay wrote:The new forum will give you extra security, and should also ensure better protection from bot-attacks.
Better security?

So why I have access to almost all posts when I am logged off?

Why every unregistered person can read all posts?

Why google and bing bots still index all our posts?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:24 am

:? this will take some gettin' used to ... i sure did prefer the old layout .. gave it that mideavaly look(although better security is always good) :wink:

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 am

Stonehaven wrote: There is nothing medieval about this unless you are from the frozen rocks of Fierzdaufen...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:47 am

I definitely agree, though. Pearlbay, do you think that you can find another skin for this forum? Something that is a more natural neutral color. Forest green or wood. Something like that. Maybe you can even find a textured one? 8)

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 am

Hi there,

the forum permissions seem to not have been thoroughly tested after the forum was moved... I am terribly sorry for this and will go scolding my colleague... ;) This will now be changed. I've already made quite a few changes yesterday, but apparently not enough...

About the forum skin: I am sorry, but there really is nothing I can do for you. We've "streamlined" the skin for all our forums to make updates and changes easier, and we had to choose one neutral enough to fit all our games - that's why we went with our company's colours.

I know this will take some getting used to at the beginning, but I am sure you will all get used to the new style in time. The forum software itself (once all settings are adapted ;-)) is much better than the former one, though, and give you more options than the old software did.

Just give it a bit of time, I am sure you'll get used to the changes soon!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 am

not wanting to be an a-hole but the old forum actually made me wanna go have a look at it.

sort of g'bye forum. I'll stick with the game until you homogenise that...

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Being forced to get used to something is not the same as liking it. Ever!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

We are certainly not forcing you to like the forum-style. If you don't like it, I fully understand that, but due to what I already explained, I am sorry, it is not going to be changed anymore.

I would hate to loose regular and faithful forum users due to this, so I hope you will reconsider any possible plans of leaving the forum - maybe you will at least get used to the style sooner than you now may think.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Sorry D, I understand you, I did say 'sort of'. The forum and game lose more of what's common.
It's also that I know that applying a theme has bugger all to do with standardising administration (so far as I can see, have experience with). I definitely think that excuse is lame - they feeding you bad tech advice/pulling your leg on this?!

I was just being practical, the forum doesn't look half as inviting anymore. I know for a fact I'd visit less.

PS: there are definitely bigger issues than a forum theme. Hunger and aids in Africa, poverty etc. peace out.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 am

To checking the layout: if anybody know how to use Greasemonkey and Stylish and write the styles with old images... dreams...

Could anybody explain us what means 'better security' on new forum?