New quest chains complicate inventory mgmt excessively

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

New quest chains complicate inventory mgmt excessively

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:19 pm

I like the new quests. One issue I am discovering, is that 13 new quest chains, each chain requiring up to five new quest items ... is making my inventory unmanageable.

I use approximately 20 slots for the exisiting quest items (original quests), about 40-50 slots for reputation quest items, and the other thirty for my own production and market requirements.

13 new chains with 5 items each is an additional storage burden of up to 65 (13 * 5) items.

I can think of two possible solutions, that I will mention here so that other players can submit any suggestions they have.

(1) one solution is the most obvious - increase the player inventory allowance.

I'm not sure how much reprogramming of game code and also database structure that would require, but it wouldn't be "pretty".

(2) Solution number two that occurred to me is - the mail. We are currently permitted up to 100 open contracts, i think ? If the game allowed additional contracts to yourself as a form of storage, I think it would be alot easier to find someplace for 65 additional quest items.

any suggestions would be appreaciated.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 pm

i beleve it whould be simpler just to add a few more rooms(pages) to the storehouse .. 8)

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:35 am

Or make choices about what to specialize in?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

im specialized in chaos .. well pretty much everything exept TC's

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:42 am

Yes Chaos ! the chaos gets my vote. I'm certain I'm at least a captain of Chaos, maybe even a Major..

.. forces of Chaos arise and SMITE the forces of Order in the universe ..

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Just send it to yourself & you have free space in your storehouse :!:

Problem solved :?:

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Contracts:

I thought contracts were limited to 100, just like inventory slots (speaking of sending things to yourself).

I got my contracts loaded up to 101 today. I didn't know that was possible ? So maybe all these extra bits can be stored that way.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I hate to see contracts pile up. My way is to just send to market at a high price, price I'll pay in a pinch, that way they stay on the market for repurchase until I need them. Or if someone needs them more than I do, they take it and make me a nice profit :)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 am

Yes, but there is a limited amount of offers that you can make on the open market: 20 with standard, 40 with premium account.

What we could do to help others, would be to put the first good of each quest on the market, and offer the buyer the rest from contract "stock".

And yes, you are right, undercutting market offers definitely is a disincentive to bother producing quest goods. Especially when it is done by 0.01cT.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am

Well, I'm personally grateful to whoever is leaving the high-priced but actually-there goods that I need on the market for me to buy. :)