cost pricing appears to not be working

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:28 am

the calculations made by the game are correct
What is correct ?

Could you please clarify for us what the PPA is supposed to represent now, since it clearly no longer tracks the cost.

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:38 am

As far as I can tell, the ppa is an approximate value. It is approximate because of the rounding functions in the algorithm.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Duffhead,

honestly both of your - better the programmer's - answers does not help me! And I am also not used to answers like that from the Kapi-Team. Usually your team is very exact in answering such problems and very ambitious in solving problems like the explained.

When I buy stuff from the market the implemented calculation should show an average price in the storehouse. For me this would be normal & you - or better the programmers - also told us this point in this thread on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:23.

In the case I showed it depends on the order of buying and I get different prices shown in my storehouse - no average price as it was told to us and how it was at the beginning of the game. When you or a programmer tells me that this is a "correct" average calculation in an economic simulation in the middle ages ... then something must be wrong in our understanding of the economic system of the middle ages.

Sorry but I think it is not worth writing any more word about this topic when the Kapi-Team has the opinion that the implemented calculation gives reasonable results.

Volki

p.s: It would be helpful for me to know, how & why I get a price difference of 100ct just because of the order of buying! This cannot just be because of any rounding.
p.p.s.: When the shown unit price does not flow in any further calculation and the further calculations are correct, why not showing us the correct values that are used for the correct calculations?
p.p.p.s: It would also be no problem when we found a problem here and it needs a longer time to solve it. We all know that looking for errors in a code needs time.

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 am

Well, I'm sorry if you feel the responses don't help you, but maybe pearlbay has a better explanation for you next week (although I highly doubt it). Her explanation may be a bit more elaborate than mine, but it would not change the fact that the calculation made by the game is not broken.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 pm

This seems like a no-win conversation. Very unfortunate.

Love the pandas. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 am

I'm waiting for Pearlbay to resolve this. The reason this thread continues is because the responses are simply not believeable.

A rounding 'error' would be taking the value 2.985 and 'rounding' it up .005 point to become 2.99

A rounding error or rounding variance is not thirty three thousand percent of variance. (price.1 = 100 , calculated avg. cost=2.99, 100//2.99 = 33)

Imagine that you produce 10,000 grain on your farm at a cost of 2.50. Now imagine that you buy an additional 10,000 grain at the market for 100.00 each.

You will end up with 20,000 grain in your warehouse. The warehouse will say all 20,000 cost 100.00.

Now imagine you go to make beer with this $100.00 grain. The beer in my warehouse right now says it cost me 12.91 to produce.
If my 2.50 grain produces 12.91 beer then $100.00 grain will produce beer that has a production cost of 110.41

What happens if I make bread ? Right now I use 2.50 grain to produce (1) bread that costs 8.06 to produce.
If you change the "cost" of my 2.50 grain to 100.00 then the bread I produce will say it cost $203.06 to produce.

Does this sound "right" to you ?
According to them, the calculations made by the game are correct
I do not agree. I do not think 100 = 2.99.
when trading, you should in any case stick to the market prices.
The problem with this "suggestion" is that the market price changes daily.

What you consistently fail to grasp is that this is an economic simulation. The objective is to sell products for more than they cost to produce.
When you mis-calculate the cost of production, you force a false calculation of profit.

Eventually your going to see this warp and misbalance the balance sheet for each city.
The ((income) - (expenses)) will not equal [city.value] because you adulterated the expenses.

So just wait for it to cascade. Then you'll have a whole different set of problems to contemplate.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:50 am

Hi there,

I am sorry, Bonechanter, but I cannot give you any other explanation other than what Duffhead has already told you. All calculations made in the game are correct, and are the same they used to be before the update. There haven't been any changes as to how the prices in displayed in the warehouse are being calculated.

I am sorry, but I cannot give you any details on the algorithm that determines the values. As our programmers have repeatedly assured us, however, the prices in the storage are just an approximate value which is not being used for any further calculations.

Since I cannot add anything else to this discussion, please understand that I am going to close this thread now - all questions have been responded to the the best of our knowledge and abilities.

Thank you for your understanding,

best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!