Kapi-Regnum Journal

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Kapi-Regnum Journal

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Here we can keep a list of those working on the Journal and what topics and necessities we have. If you'd like to add yourself to the list, mention it and we can discuss further things that we can do to make our journal a reality again! :D

So far for cities working on it we have:

Fierz of Fierzdaufen
Paracelcus of Langenvoorde
1jmmac of Goodtimes

Ideas so far:

Images and Pictures
Information on the Middle Ages
Beginner Tips and Tricks
Explanation of Guilds
Recipes, Cookery and Dining
Mythologies and Legends
Fictional Stories
City Interviews (Old time established)

Info Critical to Us:
Lists of what we CAN and what we CANNOT put in the Journal
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 pm

We have access to the jounals from issue 1 but the content of it all but disappears after issue 27 (feb 2009).
we could try and bring back a journal competion?[/code]

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:20 pm

j1mmac wrote:We have access to the jounals from issue 1 but the content of it all but disappears after issue 27 (feb 2009).
we could try and bring back a journal competion?[/code]
Maybe that's when the journal dropped off?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 am

I am compiling an index of what has been published before, it is quite impressive, I do not think I can live up to the scholarly standards displayed in those issues. The article on the Philosophers stone is completely wrong, though:
http://www.kapi-regnum.com/zeitung.php4 ... &ausgabe=3

I do see some suggestions for improvement:
Times have changes since 2008: nowadays, cheap Journals with a small format rule. Thus, I think we should not print our paper on high quality parchments, but on low quality pamphlets instead. Thus, people who find them on the streets, can pick them up either to read, or to use as toilet paper if they cannot.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 am

Paracelcus wrote:Thus, people who find them on the streets, can pick them up either to read, or to use as toilet paper if they cannot.
They'd be best off reading it first and THEN using it as toilet paper :lol:

You said that you can do some editing. Whatever is decided on to go into the Journal, would you be willing to edit and check for grammar? I know this isn't a contest for superb grammatical abilities, but still to make sure it looks as professional as possible is a huge plus :D
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 am

I sent an email to a person that has a medieval cookery website. I am awaiting his reply. I am asking him for permission to post information and recipes from his website.

Basically I am volunteering to write on medieval cookery and things centered around dining etiquette, setups, cultural issues, etc and foods. ;)

Not sure about other things I might be able to do. Perhaps I can look into the origin of holidays and festivals to write up on them although I am not 100% sure yet 8)

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

I've been looking up middle age life and times

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:26 pm

j1mmac wrote:I've been looking up middle age life and times
Do you have any ideas for a starting article or idea? :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 pm

not right now but thinking on the lines of how life was,what they did,i.e growing crops,livestock, ect. there are some artices in earlier issues of the journal just trying to follow on

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:54 am

I think what's going to be the hardest part is actually picking only one thing to write about each time. There is so much info! :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:08 am

I have been looking through the old issues, although I was distracted by some other issue lately.

Yes I would be willing to do grammar and spelling checking, and also see if I can solve formatting issues in HTML, although my main motivation is to write something. I am not a native English speaker but I think it should serve (I liberally use the edit button for my posts). The time I can use for this is limited, one evening per week is what I have in mind, the two-weekly schedule of the old issues is probably doable.

I also agree to continue doing most of what was done before, if we can find some to do it.

The only thing I think we should not do is put in advertisements for buying and selling goods: the board is much more suitable for that, and if you want to draw more attention, you can hire a market crier (it is the most competition neutral way of spending coins, but that is another story that can be discussed elsewhere).

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:36 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I am Brian and I have been playing Kapi Regnum since Christmas 2007.

I joined the Brotherhood of Friends and, because of my active involvement on the guild board, I was declared as a fit person to take over the administration of the guild when PK retired from active, front line duty.

I offered to help Therian when he was in full harness as editor of the Journal but nothing actually materialised, even though I sent some ideas to him.

My command of the English language, written and spoken, is good and my knowledge of the medieval way of life is researchable !!

I look forward to meeting other contributors to our Journal.

Brian

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 am

Paracelcus wrote: I am not a native English speaker but I think it should serve (I liberally use the edit button for my posts).
Your English is fine ;)
Paracelcus wrote:The time I can use for this is limited, one evening per week is what I have in mind, the two-weekly schedule of the old issues is probably doable.
Let's start with once a month and get things stabilized first. Even if we only get one journal out per month... that is waaaaayyyyy more than we have been getting. The last good journals we got (other than contest and contest stories) were back about 2 years ago :(
Paracelcus wrote: The only thing I think we should not do is put in advertisements for buying and selling goods: the board is much more suitable for that, and if you want to draw more attention, you can hire a market crier (it is the most competition neutral way of spending coins, but that is another story that can be discussed elsewhere).
Then, if that is the case (which I agreed), emphasis should be strongly placed on directing kapi-regnum players to the board. Ever since the Journal has died out, the forum here is dead and getting more so as time goes on.

There will be far more incentive to visiting the forum here if the journal directs them too. Since we have no journal what is the reason for people logging in? Really, there is none.

Perhaps by reviving the Journal, we revive the main Regnum forum as well. Perhaps by reviving the main forum, more players become interested in staying with, switching to, or starting with the English server.

I say let's revive this ol' dead horse and see what happens ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 am

lets give it a kick and see if it moves

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:27 pm

j1mmac wrote:lets give it a kick and see if it moves

I say we get a few small articles written but don't post them here. We should wait until Pearlbay opens up the journal section to us. We want this to be a surprise for all the inhabitants of the realm! :D

We still need somebody that can make images and graphics. Does anybody know of anybody that would be willing?