New journal?

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:22 am

I guess we will have to decide/be told if we will publish regularly, or whenever we have some copy, and if there must be a single editor who puts the journal up.

I think there would be more interested (for example the Hoff)

What I would like to write is stuff that emphasises the medieval atmosphere a little (phoenicians must have been lost for several 1000 years for them to turn up in a medieval port by the way, Venetian/Genoan or Hansa traders would be more likely)

Some beginners tips could also be done, although this could get repetitive after some time.

Another topic that I have been trying to start on the forum is similarities and differences between KR and the real economy.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:23 am

Posted twice, sorry.

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:47 pm

That sounds good especially beginners’ tips but we need help from pearlbay or someone as to topics that can and can’t be put in to the journal

Brotherhood of Friends
Goodtimes

User avatar
Bartolome
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Bartolome » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:50 pm

just look back at the early issues .. from Therrian .. get some ideas for setup :wink:
Image

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:22 pm

thanks will have a look. See if something stands out.

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Paracelcus wrote:phoenicians must have been lost for several 1000 years for them to turn up in a medieval port by the way
OMG! That is sooooo funny how you word that! :lol:
Paracelcus wrote: Some beginners tips could also be done, although this could get repetitive after some time.
We could always give reminders from time to time and reference back to a specific edition of the journal. If I recall, way back when I started Kapi-Regnum, we still had the journal going and you could actually browse archives. I strongly believe that we should forever have all the archived journals for EVERYONE to browse through.

I also believe that there should be more info on guilds. Not recruiting offers, but simply a good summary, brief but well written, on what a guild is for and the benefits of one. I do not believe that any one guild should be endorsed in an explaination.
Paracelcus wrote: Another topic that I have been trying to start on the forum is similarities and differences between KR and the real economy.


Nice idea. Somebody in our guild also has ideas somewhat along those lines.

______
j1mmac wrote: That sounds good especially beginners’ tips but we need help from pearlbay or someone as to topics that can and can’t be put in to the journal
Or we will eventually get ourselves into trouble
:lol:
______
Bartolome wrote: just look back at the early issues .. from Therrian .. get some ideas for setup ;)
Are those even accessible any longer? I know we are on issue 56, but I don't seem to be able to find where to access the old time editions

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Ok, I figured out how to access the old Journals, but it needs to be done indirectly.

On the the Journal page, on the address bar will have the edition number of the journal. If you change the number (currently it is 56) with a number lower than it, you will find that specific addition.

*Wow, I didn't know that Upjers used to be called upjers :shock:

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:45 pm

I am going to post a new thread on Kapi-Regnum Journal so that I can edit and add info and lists. Hopefully this can keep it clean and organized :D

User avatar
pearlbay
Posts: 862
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Wow, I am impressed at how interested you all are at getting the Journal going again. :)

Depending on how you all want to divvy up the tasks, not everyone would have to have sound html-knowledge by the way. We have of course saved all the old issues, and these can be used as templates.

If the paper is all formatted already, I can publish it at the beginning as I said; I just don't have time to correct each issue before posting and setting it online - so I would have to be certain the pages are already properly coded. If that is the case, it is a mere issue of copy/pasting them into the editing area. Of course it would be best if we could rely on one "editor in chief" to take care of this on the long run. poipoi had offered to take care of the paper before, but I am not sure if he still is interested.

Anyway, concerning the content, the paper can contain anything from topics referring to the Middle Ages to recipes. It's important that no copyrights are breeched, be it when images or texts are used.

If those of you who mentioned their interest are really interested in getting the paper going again, I will give you access to the forum area we created to compile the paper a while ago. You can then discuss your ideas, and you will find templates as well. And of course I will give you all the help you need to get this going, as much as I can. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:15 pm

I can take responsibility for the final HTML layout, and roughly checking for copyrighted content, and removing it if necessary. I do need someone who can be my stand-in in case I am traveling.

I have been technical editor in the company I work for, so I think I should also be able to do it.

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:45 pm

I am away for 2 days. I should be back wednesday eveningmaybe a little earlier with luck!

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I got a pigeon from poipoi, he also wants to contribute, but was not yet clear how to go about it.

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Pearlbay, Can you give the old templates to us. They should have all the old codes still attached. That would make it, for the most part, easy to paste and match and edit. I'm all for getting this running again. The hardest part of the journey starts with the first step :D

I used to build rpg websites about 10 years ago, but I have gotten a bit rusty with the html. It looks though, as you've said, like there is little html to do except a couple tweaks.
Paracelcus wrote: I have been technical editor in the company I work for, so I think I should also be able to do it.
:D :D :D

Paracelcus, should I add poipoi to the list then? Is he a definite?

User avatar
pearlbay
Posts: 862
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am

Post by pearlbay » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 am

Fierz wrote:Pearlbay, Can you give the old templates to us. They should have all the old codes still attached. That would make it, for the most part, easy to paste and match and edit. I'm all for getting this running again. The hardest part of the journey starts with the first step :D
If you are all certain you want to participate, I will give you access to the editing area of the forum. I've already posted quite a few samples there a while ago, and there are a few basic guidelines that should help you get started. All discussions about how you envision the paper to look like can then be made in that area as well. :)

Making the paper will include a bit of work, so please only join the editorial team if you are really willing to contribute! Of course you can back out any time, we are not going to tie you to the paper forever. ;)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 pm

pearlbay wrote:
Fierz wrote:Pearlbay, Can you give the old templates to us. They should have all the old codes still attached. That would make it, for the most part, easy to paste and match and edit. I'm all for getting this running again. The hardest part of the journey starts with the first step :D
If you are all certain you want to participate, I will give you access to the editing area of the forum. I've already posted quite a few samples there a while ago, and there are a few basic guidelines that should help you get started. All discussions about how you envision the paper to look like can then be made in that area as well. :)

Making the paper will include a bit of work, so please only join the editorial team if you are really willing to contribute! Of course you can back out any time, we are not going to tie you to the paper forever. ;)

Best regards,

pearlbay
Hopefully it can liven up the game a little for everyone too ;)

But yes, we can write little fiction stories, non-fiction, arts and crafts, etc :)

Post Reply