New journal?

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

New journal?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Will there be a new journal entry announcing the new contests? It seems that fewer people seem to know about them, which may be affecting sales of the goods. (Either that, or most people have decided to sell rather than go for a big finish...) :)

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 am

Hi jediping,

oh, I am sorry, seems the guys have been so busy last Friday, that they forgot to publish the newspaper... :( I made especially sure it was ready for publication before I left the office on Thursday...

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

It has been published now - sorry for the delay!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I was wondering if the Dark Shape had interfered with publication or something. :) Looks like things have picked up on the product purchasing front. Mmm, the cts! :D

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Maybe it has distracted my colleagues, that's easily possible. ;) Glad everything's OK now!

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:02 pm

jediping wrote:I was wondering if the Dark Shape had interfered with publication or something. :) Looks like things have picked up on the product purchasing front. Mmm, the cts! :D

Gotta watch out for the Dark Shape. Apparently he is a polyglot too and lurks in the shadows of ALL servers! :shock:

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 am

That'll teach them to check the forum now and them...
Still, it would be nice if the journal could be revived. Is there anything I could do ?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:29 am

Fierz wrote:Gotta watch out for the Dark Shape. Apparently he is a polyglot too and lurks in the shadows of ALL servers! :shock:
:lol:
Paracelcus wrote:That'll teach them to check the forum now and them...
Still, it would be nice if the journal could be revived. Is there anything I could do ?
Well, to really revive the journal we need a team that is willing to take care of this responsibly and regularly and also has knowledge of html. The paper needs to come out with every contest (well, it should, anyway ;)), so everyone is informed in time (well, didn't quite work this time, I must admit...) If you have ideas for articles, I can collect them as well and see whether I can fit them in with the next editions. That would give us a bit more content for a start. But since the paper is based on html, the articles would have to be formatted already. Adding them then shouldn't be too much of a problem. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Pearlbay, What are some ideas and topics that would fit the paper well. Would be able to give us a short list of ideas so that we could see what we could do?

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Finally a reason to learn HTML !

I have not played in the German or Dutch version, so I have delightfully no Idea what people expect of the journal.

I thought an Alchemists corner would be nice ("how to transmute
iron into gold", "the heinous practices in our hospitals", "The vis viva or why urine and beer q0 are almost the same thing", and what other important topics spring to mind)

I also could think of classified, although this might make the journal compete with the market crier ...

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am

I know some basic HTML, but I may be a bit rusty. I learned it about 10 years ago but have not really used it since. I would be more than willing to use what I know. Again, though, I'd like a little list of possibilities, and maybe a group of us could get together.

It's kind of difficult if we don't really have an idea of some sort of list of enlightenment... so... please enlighten us ;)

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:25 am

I would be interested in helping out :D

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Ok, so we have three so far that seem willing to work on this somehow

Fierz of Fierzdaufen
Paracelcus of Langenvoorde
j1mmac of Goodtimes

Anybody else?
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Sorry I forgot to put city name on

Brotherhood of Friends
Goodtimes

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Got it ;)

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:51 pm

I think we should get a list of ideas (hopefully pearlbay can help us start on that), THEN we can figure out how to divvy up the tasks 8)

Let's get this thing back up and running! :D