Cheap stuff at the market

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Cheap stuff at the market

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 pm

I know about the rule forbidding one-way-profitable trades. But how about really cheap stuff at the market? When someone, whatever his reason is, sells products for terribly low prices? Is there any danger when I see the stuff and I buy it? Somebody says it is the problem and the violation of the rule mentioned above. And that this is the reason for banning some players. Can anyone explain me this problem? Can I or can I not buy really cheap stuff from a person at the market?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Nope, you cannot buy for instance wood for 1 ct. That would mean cheating. I dont know if you get banned directly or if you get a warning, I think there should be a warning first, but its illegal to buy/sell stuff too extremely expencive or cheaply.

As a rule of thumb, never cheaper then production costs. If your not sure what those are, take whatever is needed to make it, and add 50% or something to the price.

This is at least the principle I have always gone after, but maybe Pearlbay will pop by and clarify exactly the criteria of bannable trading.

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Yes, Rabiat, you're quite right. You must never sell cheaper than the production costs. There aren't any exact criteria, but Rabiat's rule of thumb is the most useful.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:14 pm

as i understand it ... the game filters kick in as soon as the the price is lower then average production cost .. i dont think its a problem if it is a one time occurance.
Should one player have more then one good on the market for realy cheap... just contact him and tell him to take the goods back and adjust the pricing.. :wink:

Also ,the game engine is filtering contracts sent between players ... so beware.