Journal

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Journal

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:51 am

I play on both the English Server and the German Server. I cannot help but to notice that the German Server has an extremely interesting journal that comes out. I also think that it's more frequent.

What is the chance that the English Journal can be jam-packed with interesting articles like the German Journal?

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 am

i think the problem is the number of players writing articles for the journal. at the german server it seem to be 10 till 20 players. here there are maybe 2 or 3. Its just a question of time. and it is a question of writing english texts. A lot of players are from germany and their english isnt as good as the english of people from the usa.

im from germany too - and i think my english is at beginners level

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:19 pm

It is also the time part people want to invest in the games they play.

If there are german players who want to write it should not be to hard to vind one or more grammar checkers which will check the stories for correct english.

On the .nl server we have now a group of 6 people wo make a news paper of 8 new pages each week.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:04 am

When Therian took care of the paper, he did most of it by himself, if not the entire thing.

In order to run the paper efficiently, we need regular volunteers, who are willing to take on the task of scrounging together articles and of bringing the whole thing together.

Since the German forums have always been more active, it's also been easier to find those volunteers there. I'd be happy if we could get another paper going, but as Admin I simply don't have the time for it. I'd be happy to explain how the thing works, though, and help willing volunteers to get it on the road. :-)

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:52 am

You wil get an email in a few minutes with a proposal;)
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 am

b4 someone says so...

I'm more dedicated to help run the board here, I got involved in the contest setting and I really like that.... Besides that, well,... I have some responsibility to my guild too, as I am the founder and admin of it. So I would not volunteer to take over the journal as well. Lest I shall burn out my creative energy and end up as another Therian.

Obviously, we have a nice mod team, and the admins do respond to our requests as much as they can. I will always be a volunteer to do things like proof read articles (for guys that feel a little shaky about their english). Propose ideas etc. But we DO need a SEPARATE person doing the Journal itself. Then the existing team can help them out/they can invite more participation from other players.

Pearlbay is right here, as much as we would like her as admin to be involved in everything, I do know this as a fact ( aka... example Therian) that a person trying to do it all can end up doing nothing properly at all!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Same as what PK just said, I've got other responsibilities to juggle and life has been rather busy for me at the moment... but i wouldn't mind making small contributions here and there for the journal, just not taking on the entire task by myself.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 pm

aha! Makes sense.

I am with Tlite on the comment that I could make small contributions here and there.

Journal

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 am

When I just started I had a browse through the journal going back to some of its ealier edtions. Might I suggest that instead of having just one person writing for the jounal, we could have a couple of writers or call in for a couple of stories or what ever people wants to write about that is in line with the game and publish them weekly/forthnightly that way there is titbits for everyone and a running journal.
That would still leave the question of who will be responsible for the running the publications.

jode

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:23 pm

I don't know if I could sign up to contribute regularly (spent about 10 hours at my day job yesterday), but I would be interested in perhaps sending in an article now and then. I have looked at the German journals, but since my German is non-existent beyond counting to ten, I wasn't sure what all the articles are about. Are there particular topics that they cover? What sort of things might a regular or semi-regular volunteer be encouraged to write?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 am

Anything should be fine... I wouldn't know. I wouldn't mind writing up articles about common ailments... but that might just bore people to death :evil:

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:47 am

Tlite: I actually think it would be QUITE interesting! lol

I might like to do medieval foods and recipes when able!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:08 am

Ok.. then,... as a Pilot:

Jacob, why don't you write up somethings about common ailments, medieval style, with maybe medieval natural sort of cures (like honey for a sore throat...etc...)

And BPZ: How about it? Some medieval recipes would be yum.

If you guys (and others...jediping....) can put together somethings, just mail them to me. I'd start a new mod thread to collect all articles I receive. I'll write something as imagination strikes me... (very inconsistent affair).

And if we have a few pages worth, I'll goad Pearlbay into putting one together (or we have a very nice Shadow member who might be able to help.... I'll see what I can get done :))

Now, no guarantees when and if it happens. But I'm opening my inbox to ppl who might want to contribute something interesting (or semi-inter...)

Please don't post these articles here. Lets reserve them for the Journal.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 am

Yeah, i suppose i could... there are some interesting historical anecdotes in relation to modern day ailments. I'll start on that after my exams... which starts tomorrow :(

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:32 am

and you dare be here!!! Again?!?!?

DUde,... I hope you see this after your exams, but All the best. :)