New Guilds' Contest starting Sunday

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

pearlbay

New Guilds' Contest starting Sunday

Post by pearlbay » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 am

Dear players,

after the over overwhelming success of the first ever Guilds' Contest and because of popular demand,

the new Guild's contest will start this Sunday!

Read all about it in the Regnum Journal!

Cheers,

your Regnum-team

(with blasted ear-drums ;-))

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:38 am

hate to say it, but this new contest is starting off with a loud thud. By only offering .01ct per item, for a complex item, everyone intends to be a seller, or simply pass altogether. It would seem that paying at least cost on the item would make it less of a losing proposition for guilds to participate. This contest will simply suck wealth out of the system, not move it around as intended. Please consider this in the future, as I like the contests, but don't want to go broke trying to participate. I know I speak for nearly all of my guild, and at least two others I have been in contact with. 8)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:54 pm

might be a little lonelier than usual in this one! :P

But, excellent choice for a product :D Wish it was a normal competition product :lol:... hehe...

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am

Well, contests are generally a voluntary thing. Those players who want to participate, can do so.

I understand your point, but it's more about participating, rather than becoming wealthy in the progress. Of course I can choose a less complex product next time, if you prefer that.

Anyway, I hope those that decide to participate will have lots of fun doing so!

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 am

I think you got me wrong on one thing :(!

I've been hoping for a complex great product that tests supply arrangements. I just meant it might have been better in a normal contest rather than a guild contest this time (cuz so many guilds are tapped out after the last one). Not many guilds have the depth to survive a popular product guild contest, a simple product normal contest and a Complex product guild contest in a row!!!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 am

Hey pk,

ok, got you. My mistake. :oops: I must admit, all I thought about was to create an interesting contest, not about the practical side of things, and if there was enough capacity among the guilds, to even participate.

I promise to give this more thought next time! Obviously since the contest has already started, there is nothing I can do now, so I hope that there are at least a few guilds that are able to participate.

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:51 pm

pearlbay,

I think that it's interesting as a contest item, even if I have no means whatsoever of producing the needed goods (Fierzdaufen is a city of all breweries, butcheries and a couple fruit pickers, lol :) ) I must purchase each and every Eiderdown that I choose to send into the contest.

I believe that you chose well, actually BECAUSE it forces the guilds to consider how on earth to readjust priorities and really THINK about how on earth they can do these things, how they can work together, how they can make the unthought of unconsidered become the reality in production! :D

... if it was "not practical" that need not make the difference.... but rather, it FORCES all of us to think in terms we had not considered prior to this!

I also find it clever that after a huge cash depletion that you have chosen to run a product that will really cost us to run in. I believe that it ADDS to the challenge. Very interesting selection, very expensive on our depleted wallets, and therefore rather than spend wildly we must ALL consider carefully our every steps...

It's NOT about the money, nor the prestige, but instead it's about the thought and planning put in..... the teamwork.... THIS is what I believe makes a true "winner" in a contest..... not "who makes the most money or who comes in first"...

In other words.... Good Choice! I may be in the minority but I have no hesitation to speak my thoughts! :D

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:31 pm

BlackPhase wrote:pearlbay,

I think that it's interesting as a contest item, even if I have no means whatsoever of producing the needed goods (Fierzdaufen is a city of all breweries, butcheries and a couple fruit pickers, lol :) ) I must purchase each and every Eiderdown that I choose to send into the contest.

I believe that you chose well, actually BECAUSE it forces the guilds to consider how on earth to readjust priorities and really THINK about how on earth they can do these things, how they can work together, how they can make the unthought of unconsidered become the reality in production! :D

... if it was "not practical" that need not make the difference.... but rather, it FORCES all of us to think in terms we had not considered prior to this!

I also find it clever that after a huge cash depletion that you have chosen to run a product that will really cost us to run in. I believe that it ADDS to the challenge. Very interesting selection, very expensive on our depleted wallets, and therefore rather than spend wildly we must ALL consider carefully our every steps...

It's NOT about the money, nor the prestige, but instead it's about the thought and planning put in..... the teamwork.... THIS is what I believe makes a true "winner" in a contest..... not "who makes the most money or who comes in first"...

In other words.... Good Choice! I may be in the minority but I have no hesitation to speak my thoughts! :D
Wish there were more enthu players like you in the general game! Quite a few in BoF came forward this time... But the player base of this server is still not that big in total anyway :(
Remember that the total amount of cash added to circulation every day = total given out by NPC in market stall sales - total taken away by NPC in costs etc.

i.e. roughly so. Now, more players in total means more markets pulling cash from the NPC and thus giving SMART & ENTERPRISING players like yourself a bigger chance of gathering that cash through trading advantages and thus being able to concentrate that cash to a task. Small player base means less cash overall and different prioritisation of goals.