Newest Contest Confusion

What's going on in Kapi Regnum? This section is for everything concerning the game itself

Moderator: moderators

Newest Contest Confusion

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:58 pm

The Journal lists both Q3 and Q1 horses as the current contest product, this should probably be fixed to avoid confusion.

I tested it with Q3 horses and got rejected, so I'm assuming the contest is for Q1 horses.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:18 am

As far as I can tell, the newest contest isn't even put into the actual game system yet.

Be patient. From what I understand and can see it's in the process of getting set up and ready for us, and we'll all know what's actually going on soon.

:)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 am

:arrow: Fixed.

It is indeed Q1 Horses.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:51 am

now on the journal it says 90 ct for q1 horses. That can't be right can it!??

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:20 am

Yes. Contest pricing is generally pretty low: and I don't know where I read it but Therian said somewhere that the game would only allow for contest pricing to be set at 99.99 or lower, so he set it for 90 because it is a less obnoxious number.

If you want to make money during the contest the general rule is to sell the supplies or product to other players, because the contest really doesn't compensate well unless you get top 100 and sell the prize to someone.

It's more about playing the contest game than the profit when you are submitting the goods to the contest itself.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:50 pm

I tried entering the price to 300 cT to start with on the competition panel, but it lowered that value down to 99.99 cT when I tried to start it :?

Attempting it again it did the same thing, so I lowered it to 90 to make it a more easily understood number value - Of course, to avoid any potential confusion thinking it was a typo or anything I just made a note in the Journal on the Contest Page to note why the low price had been set.

It is somewhat annoying in one sense, as I had originally wanted to theme the current series of competitions into a fiction story of sorts; obviously moving onto bigger and more expensive / complex produce over the next few months but it would only end up been a fractional cost.

Of course the contests aren't designed specifically for profit - that comes from the certificates - but I have tried more recently to get the cost close to the production cost. But a 300-600 cT product later on down the line been sold for 90~95 cT to the contest? Perhaps it'll happen, perhaps not we'll see when I get there.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

8) be happy guys ... on the German servers all we get is 0.1 ct for any contest product no matter what it is .. at least Therian trys to compensate us a little.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Boy do I have a lot to learn! lol