Ye Olde Goat Farm - a love story

Many cities have a long standing history .. Do you have a story to tell?<br>
Please use RPG-style when posting.

Moderator: moderators

Ye Olde Goat Farm - a love story

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 pm

My name is Sir Loin and once my life was an empty shell

Born to a wealthy family I abandoned the privileges of rank and status to travel the roads of Kapi looking for some meaning, a purpose

I wandered far and encountered many dangers; bandits, wild animals and my own stupidity were the greatest threats and often I would go cold and hungry

After many years I was no nearer to my goal and a feeling of deep despair settled on me

It was in this mood, sitting on a mountain that I met an old goatherd who seeing my sadness asked me what was wrong. I explained that my life seemed empty and without purpose and in all my wanderings I had found no answer as to what might give my existence some meaning. The goatherd laughed at me and said these things:

"You are like a child given the best toy in the world but are crying because no one will tell you what to do with it. You must make your own game, define your own purpose"

and as he walked away he added

"Remember sometimes, the simplest things will give you the most pleasure. A full belly, a warm place to sleep, some friends, a lover, some work to do which isn't too hard"

With that he clicked his tongue at his goats and wandered off

I now live a quiet dull life on my farm with my lovely goats

"A full belly, a warm place to sleep, some friends, a lover, some work to do which isn't too hard" goats can give it all

Sir Loin
Dont judge me lest ye be judged
Ye Olde Goat Farm