Images

Problems with something on the Forums? Please post here.

Moderator: moderators

Images

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi marcus.
I guess, I found a problem, maybe you know it already :-)

On this link:
http://kr.forenserver.de1.cc/viewtopic.php?t=168

All users I asked, could not see that banners :-(
The banner in my signature can be seen. I just did some changes in my own board options, before I asked users, but it didnt changed anything...

Is this a board bug, or anything I have to change by own?

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:52 pm

Hmm.. I notice the same thing until loading the image URLs directly then hitting right click and 'Load Image'.

All other images seem to load properly, expect for those on your server seth. I wonder if there's a setting there that needs to be adapted.

Some server settings prevent remote linking of images, so while the image is loaded elsewhere it wouldn't load unless the images had already been cached and then loaded manually.

This change would either have to be recent, or only effecting Internet Explorer. When you first started the topic the images loaded just fine when using FireFox, but now while on a different computer and different browser the problem mentioned occurs for me as well.

Unfortunately with such an unstable connection at this time I can't think or check what to look for to check to fix this issue. You could try contacting Piranho though to check if they have a solution..

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:10 am

The hoster doesn't allow deep linking. Simply switch to something like imageshack to upload your images.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:13 am

ah ok
But that images on imagehack as example will be deleted after a short time dont they?

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 am

please, refer to the providers rules & faqs

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Images hosted at Imageshack do not expire; I don't have the image name handy but I've had one particular image uploaded for almost three years without problem.

It's generally advised to keep a copy of the image on your hard-drive for in case of server problems though. Otherwise they have a large enough harddrive to accomindate the images unless you delete them manually for any reason - which can only be done with a registered account.

The three sections of relevence are quoted below;
Imageshack FAQ wrote:How do I delete files?

Generally, it is not necessary to delete files at all. This is because ImageShack has enough harddrive space to accommodate your needs.

You will only be able to delete the files you upload after you register for free at ImageShack.

If you would like to report abuse or request deletion, please click here.

How many files can I upload?

You can upload as many files as you want, as long as each one adheres to the Terms of Service.

Does ImageShack allow direct linking?

Yes, ImageShack does allow embedding files into web pages. However, in order for ImageShack to continue to provide free image hosting, we ask that you do not modify the linking code in any way.
Imageshack.us
Imageshack FAQ
Imageshack Terms and Conditions

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:08 pm

ok thx...always that imagehack is temporary