Spelling/Translation Mistakes

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Spelling/Translation Mistakes

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:18 pm

I'm assuming this was translated from German like Kapilands. There are several mistakes from the office messages. I will list the ones I find. (oh, if an admin can give me a full list, it will stop me from having to keep clicking refresh) My user id is 65

WARNING: SPOILERS

"there is an enormous crowd ont the village sqaure. I think, they are ready to hang a new cheater.! should be
"There is an enormous crowd on the village square. I think they are ready to hang a new cheater. done

"the wages aren't all that bad, considering. But do you really have to keep expoliting your workers?" should be
"the wages aren't all that bad, relatively. But do you really have to keep exploiting your workers?" (I replaced considering because generally you include another clause on the end, but it is possible to keep it)

"your youngest son has started chasing after the maidservants. Perhaps you shuld consider admtting him to a monastery?" should be
"Your youngest son has started chasing after the maidservants. Perhaps you should consider admitting him to a monastery?" done

"his Lordship, the Grand Inquisitor, has voiced his concern about the increasing number of heretic theses and asks for some more fire wood" should be
"His Lordship, the Grand Inquisitor, has voiced his concern about the increasing number of these heretics and asks for some more firewood."

"oh, dear, a dreadful mishap had happened! The maidservant working at our market stall is supposed to be burned at the stake! But the wood hasn't been payed for yet!" should be
"Oh, dear, a dreadful mishap has happened! The maidservant working at our market stall is supposed to be burned at the stake! But the wood hasn't been paid for yet!" done

"a cleric showed up on the market place the other day and he keeps preaching against indulgences! I sent him packing, so he stops spoiling or business!" should be
"A cleric showed up on the marketplace the other day and he keeps preaching against indulgences! I sent him packing, so he stops spoiling our business!" done

"there is a tall guy wearign a cloak and sandals. Claims he can heal our lepers. Should I have him burned at the stake?" should be
"There is a tall guy wearing sandals and a cloak. He claims he can heal our lepers. Should I have him burned at the stake?" done

"*whisper* Have you heard the latest rumour? The Countess is with child. Apparently, it\s the blackmsith's ... *giggle" should be
"*whisper* Have you heard the latest rumour? The Countess is with a child. Apparently, it's the blacksmith's ... *giggle" done
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 pm

I'm reserving this for more mistakes

I'll post none office mistakes here

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:53 pm

I'll post none office mistakes here.

In the storehouse it gives me the opition to "dispose off goods" that should be "dispose of goods" done

In the section about levels "The higher your rank, the more gameplay featrues will be avialable to you." should be
"The higher your rank, the more gameplay features will be available to you." done
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 pm

well, typos happen in every language ;)
We have learned from the kapilands-trouble and have a more professional translation now, and such little typos like a letter too much or too less aren't such a tragic thing :D

The reason why the office-messages all start with a lower letter is simple: The sentences start with "All hail, milord," ;)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:12 pm

MarcusSchwarz wrote:The reason why the office-messages all start with a lower letter is simple: The sentences start with "All hail, milord," ;)
:oops: oops

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:34 pm

Ahh, so a topic appears shortly after I drop a bunch anyway.

* How Important are Advertisements at your market stalls?
Advertisments are made via pamphlets.
Advertisments should be Advertisements.
A Missing E ;) done
Unfortunately the parchment will get soaked during bad weather, and some of your townsfolk use the journal to heat their apartements.
apartements should be apartments -- Extra E.
Additionally in that same quote shouldn't Journal be parchment? done

* Who is "royal warehouse custody (npc)"?
Those are wood, stones, water and tools. How do I send a contract?
A contract enabels you to send goods, buildings etc. to other cities.
enabels should be enables. - Mix up between L and E. done
* posessing status symbols.
posessing should be possessing -- An S short. done

* Even though I have already gained knowledge, my goods are not produced with the right quality.
Note: The quality level-setting in your workshop may be higher than the acutal level of research, but in that case the current level of research will be used for calculation.
acutal should be actual -- again a mix up of letters ;) done

Tutorial 3/10 - Residential buildings
You will need workers as soon as you have construced a new building or upgraded an existing one.
construced should be constructed - a missing T. done

Tutorial - Completion Message
To finish up, I would like to suggest you build a new residential building as soon as possible. 8 of your 10 appartments are already occupied.
appartments should be apartments - One P too many. done
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 pm

ID#112

Speedy in getting to that last set.. I've not started exploring fully yet :)

While research is been conducted
product quality action
goats 1 being rsearched
rsearched should be researched done

Will likely apply to all researches, not just goats.

buildings's sale
buildings's Should be building's -- An extra S snook into the translation it seems. done

The same applies a little further down.
buildings's purchase
done

Will post more (or edit posts if ones have been done) as I find more.. And here we go already.

Any questions about products or buildings?
Here you will find the questions!
Shouldn't that be..
Here you will find the answers!
haven't found that

Archduke 1.000.000.000.000 ¢τ
You have reached the game goal and are triumphantly moving into you new palace!
you should be your done

*giggle* did you hear that? The Romans aren't that powerful after all. Apparently they were defeatd by a village that fights over smelly fish! *snicker*!
defeatd should be defeated - a Missing E. done

Location: Office - Would you like to instruct the market crier to herald your message?
Please, do not post any links to websites beside the offical board.
Market criers announcing an link will be cast out of the country by royal decree.
beside - Hmm... Wouldn't besides sound more appropriate.
offical should be official - missing I
an is a grammar error and should be a -- any links is also acceptable and may sound better.
a single sentence in the whole game written by me, three mistakes, what a quota ;)

>>>downlaod graphics-pack! (3,7 MB - updated: june, 28th 2007)<<<
downlaod should be download done
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:00 pm

:shock:
hmph... :x

I thought I was the one who was going to find the most mistakes.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:09 pm

ID#112

I'm still exploring yet Redbird ;)

All hail, milord,
would you believe that: Today I met a strange from Spain, who was looking for the way to India. I had no idea, so I sent him due west.
strange should be stranger me thinks? done

Here you may change you profile.
you should be your not yet found

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:29 pm

In regards to the 'not found' ones ( Do you know how large I had to make the text to read that? :P )
Quote:
Here you will find the questions!

Shouldn't that be..

Quote:
Here you will find the answers!

haven't found that
Hovering the mouse over any icons brings up a small bit of advice to explain that section in the scroll to the left of the screen.
The noted error is there.

Additionally, assuming that is the only two...
Quote:

you should be your

not yet found
It's just under the 'Account' section description.

Including the line below;
Please pay attention if you delete your account! There is no further confirmation dialogue!
Is that little bit above the 'Download' mistake noted previously.

Just how many quotes are there? :P
oh what a disaster! The farmer\s son was here: A bear plundered and destroyed all of our beehives. Where shall we get the honey for our mead now?!
farmer\s should be farmer's - Where did the backslash come from?

Same section
you know my my wife's cousin? Well, her aunt knows a man who claims he has been to the end of the world. He said that if he had made one step too far, he would hvae clean fallen off!
hvae should be have

Additionally;
redbird wrote:"there is an enormous crowd ont the village sqaure. I think, they are ready to hang a new cheater.!"
should be
"There is an enormous crowd on the village square. I think they are ready to hang a new cheater. done
This one in particular was marked done, yet I've just come across the same typo again.

Similarly I've just located the Blacksmith problem (wrote as "blackmsith's") that has been marked fix but hasn't yet.

How did I miss this? I've only been looking at it the past 2 hours.
Forum regels
regels should be rules judging by where it directs to.

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 am

everythings done now, except the dutch "regels" which will be changed later

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:59 am

Incidently, what time period and location is this set in? I'm not sure whether a Viertel of milk is correct or a pint of milk.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Hmm, well "Viertel" is German for Quarter.

So would assume instead of Quarter it should be Pint.. or perhaps 'Pitcher' to fit with the time period? ;)

In the mean time

Seems like a reference to Harry Potter.. :P
I met this bloke called Potter yesterday. I don't believe he has every watched his face, by the looks ofhis forehead!

ever washed methinks. along with the lack of space between of and his

Hint: Please note that you need to employ some people straight after completing the building. The training for these workers will cost some money, so please don't spend all your cash beforehands.

beforehands should be beforehand -- The extra S is unnecessary and confusing.

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am

all done

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:35 pm

In the FAQ it mentions premium accounts
"What advantages do I get by purchasing a premium account?
- more places in your storehouse
- more offers on the market
- a couple of additional buildings
- You will be able to have your own advertisement in the shop window and upload your own advertisement banner
- an advertisement free game"

A couple refers to two, but you get 40 more buildings with a PA