Spelling/Translation Mistakes

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:45 pm

In regards to the reported Help Files error - All expect the name ;)

Bürger should be Bourgeois still

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Therian wrote:In regards to the reported Help Files error - All expect the name ;)

Bürger should be Bourgeois still
oopsy! ;-) The word in itself looked so weird, I didn't even recognize it as such (with the coding for the German Umlaute). Fixed! :-)

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Also in the help section,
Hint: The currency used in Kapi Regnum is Kapi Thaler, abbreviated by ?τ. In order to type this, press the ALT key and the number keys 957. The second letter, the "tau", is available on a few keyboards only. You may write "t" instead.
abbreviated by ?τ.
The kapi site has lost the symbol for cent?!

journal

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:59 pm

I'd tried messaging the journal with an error in the next competitions description. I don't know if it got through or not b'coz I kept getting errors while sending it.

The error is that Therian mentions that the next contest is going to be q1 and then goes on to contradict it by saying that it is going to be q0. plz read that portion carefully - Under the goats picture in the current journal.

Re: journal

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 pm

pk wrote:The error is that Therian mentions that the next contest is going to be q1 and then goes on to contradict it by saying that it is going to be q0. plz read that portion carefully - Under the goats picture in the current journal.
Fixed ... I only changed the first paragraph in that section, had missed that second line entirely.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:14 pm

hmnn... so it is going to be q0...

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am

pk wrote:Also in the help section,
Hint: The currency used in Kapi Regnum is Kapi Thaler, abbreviated by ?τ. In order to type this, press the ALT key and the number keys 957. The second letter, the "tau", is available on a few keyboards only. You may write "t" instead.
abbreviated by ?τ.
The kapi site has lost the symbol for cent?!
Not the Kapi site, just the language file. ;-) The html code used to display the tau was wrong. Anyway, it works now. :-)

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Interesting...

Earlier, I could see the tau "τ" but the cent sign before it was represented by a "?".

Now, the tau "τ" stands by itself without anything before it. Looks more like a typo when writing the page.

edit : the entire symbol shows up correctly elsewhere.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 am

pk wrote:Interesting...

Earlier, I could see the tau "τ" but the cent sign before it was represented by a "?".

Now, the tau "τ" stands by itself without anything before it. Looks more like a typo when writing the page.

edit : the entire symbol shows up correctly elsewhere.
Mystery solved - the "?" before was caused by a wrong coding format - the file was coded in Ansi instead of UTF-8; When trying to fix it I accidentally erased the Cent sign, so that only the tau was left. It's fixed now! :-)

maintenance screen

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 am

On the maintenance screen
http://www.kapi-regnum.com/wartung.php4

is a 't' and a 'n' to much and an 'e' is lost :-) See the highlighted words:

Sorry boss, the secretary's kitten got lost inside the storehouse. All your employees have left their stations tto help her search. Pleas bear with us, as soon as we have found the kitten, your employees will soon be working again.
Retryn

MarcusSchwarz
upjers staff

Post by MarcusSchwarz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 am

fixed, thanks

Those wacky Phoenicians!

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Some typos that I thought I'd point out before getting to the weird bit.
The seafarers realized the danger they were in just in time to make for the save harbor.
Should be "the safe harbor."
Overcome with joy at being rescued, the captain, the fleet captain has handed you a parchment, which he calls his "most precious treasure"
There's a repeated use of captain in the bold part
After having had your scribe meticulously study its contents, you have discovered, that the tradesman has indeed told the truth.
No comma needed between "discovered" and "that the tradesman"
You knowledge of gingerbread
The message just ends! I think I gained a few points of knowledge, but the message doesn't say how many.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:12 am

Hi jediping,

thanks for passing this on! I'll check it out, and make sure the errors will be corrected as quickly as possible!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Another typo in Phoenicians message:

"You discvoer a 8,277 swords, quality 6, that you have your workers carry to your storage immediately."

This is a part of my message after their last visit. Also an indefinite article 'a' before the amount of products is wrong. 'A' is used only for singular ;) I suppose there is one template for 'xxxx products' and '1 quest-item'.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:44 pm

thanks, Silveriks, shall make sure this will be corrected!

Cheers,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!