Choose which ingredients you wish to use

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Choose which ingredients you wish to use

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:44 am

When I set my production with an admin building on the DUTCH server, the available choices of ingredients and their different qualities, are neatly organised.
On the ENGLISH server, (when I use the same admin building) however they are not. It's a damn mess where I have to search and find the right qualities and ingredients each time.

I would LOVE to see the english server fixed to the Dutch standard.
Thank you in advance.

pearlbay

Re: Choose which ingredients you wish to use

Post by pearlbay » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Utopolis,

all our servers are set to the same parameters in that respect, which means that the products are neither sorted alphabetically in the admin buildings on the Dutch server, nor on the English server, when you wish to start a production via an admin-building - if that's what you are reporting. If I understood your report incorrectly, the please tell me exactly what you are finding unsorted, and where you see the difference, and I'll look into this again for you.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:53 am

Well, it seems fixed now. Even though you say there was nothing wrong, I know there was (having had it for years) :D
I was going to make a screenshot to show, but when I just logged in, it seems fixed. I think someone checked the parameters just to be sure and found a bug ;-)

Glad they did, I'm happy to have the sorted items now on this server too.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 am

Hmm, I'm not aware that our devs made any changes last week, but I'm happy to hear that everything is sorted for you now - thanks a lot for the feedback, Utopolis! :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 pm

And now it's messed up again. Must be that if I click this and that (which I all: method X) it works fine but if I click that and this (which I call method method Z) it doesn't. Now I just have to figure out what method X is :(

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

FOUND IT! :D
With using the time method, say: "168:" it works great, neatly organised choices.
With using the amount method, say: "50000" it works terrible if you got many different ingredients. Good luck finding the right ones in that unorganised huge mess (although it's better then like a year ago, see http://forum.upjers.com/krcom/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4189).

Can you please fix the unorganised listing you get when using the amount method?
Thanks in advance.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Utopplis,

can you please describe us, in a brief example, the process you follow through, as well as where the problem with the disorganization appears? Something along the lines of: "I want to produce xy using the administration xx, I then proceed to..." The more details we have, the easier for us to trace back and pass on to our developers.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:37 am

looks like there are multiple ways of getting to the same page (for example by clicking on the task, or by clivking back from the next page etc...).

My guess would be that each time it is done, a query runs on the kapi database, the devs must have set up two separate queries, one that has a different 'order by' on it than the other perhaps...

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am

Scenario that needs fixing:

I want to set my TC's with my admin TC building.
I want to set the production of all my TC's (or just one, doesn't matter) with the TC admin building, for 5000 silk units (quality setting doesn't matter).
I get the screen where I get to choose between my ingredients with their qualities which are in my storehouse (many but not over 100 spaces, since I got 16 spaces left).
The screen shows my all the items I can choose from.
The items are grouped by product (for example horses with horses, carts with carts, etc).
The items grouped by product are UNORGANISED by quality. Meaning the listing could be as this:
Horses Q20
Horses Q0
Horses Q21
Horses Q6
Horses Q47
Horses Q35
etc, in short: a mess, specially if you have MANY different quality of 1 product, which I do.

Scenario that's good:

I want to set my TC's with my admin TC building.
I want to set the production of all my TC's (or just one, doesn't matter) with the TC admin building, for 10 hours, using 10:00 (quality setting doesn't matter).
I get the screen where I get to choose between my ingredients with their qualities which are in my storehouse (many but not over 100 spaces, since I got 16 spaces left).
The screen shows my all the items I can choose from.
The items are grouped by product (for example horses with horses, carts with carts, etc).
The items grouped by product are sorted by quality. Meaning the listing could be as this:
Horses Q0
Horses Q6
Horses Q20
Horses Q21
Horses Q35
Horses Q47
etc, in short: easy to use, I LOVE it!

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Thank you for all these details. I've passed them on to the devs, however I'm not sure as to when I'll be able to get back to you on that as the holiday season is rather busy, but we'll look into it as soon as possible!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:42 pm

No worries. January is good enough ;-)

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Agreed, then! :lol:

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I guess I wasn't awake when I wrote it worked on the dutch server correctly. There it also doesn't organise the qualities when setting your production with a certain amount (opposed to setting production for a timeperiod).
But PLEASE fix the organising when using amounts (say 1000 units), exactly as how it works when you use a time command (say 24:00).

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 am

OK, the problem is global, then. Thanks for the info!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 am

I have read this thread with interest and it highlights another applaudable aspect of this 'game'.
All players may question how this game is programmed and we get a responsible feedback from the designers.
Top Marks.