Wonder Bug ?

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Wonder Bug ?

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:37 pm

I purchased 24 billion worth of Orchids, then went to the wonder page, entered 20,000,000
in the amt of orchids to donate - and hit enter.

Nothing was added to the wonder, and nothing was increased on my total for orchid donations.

The wonder page currently shows I have no orchids - avail to donate.

The balance sheet for my city shows this transaction line for the purchase of the orchids:
38 market purchase -24,000,000,000.00 ¢τ 6.11.12 09:19

This was the last thing I was doing before logging out - so I wasn't paying attention. I cannot
say if this is a (1) purchase bug ; did I buy the orchids and they never got credited to me ?
or if this is a (2) donation bug ; did I receive the orchids that the balance sheet shows I paid
for ? was I credited with receiving them - but the system failed to credit the donation from me
to the wonder ?

Any idea's would be helpful.

Re: Wonder Bug ?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 am

A guild member just reported back to my inquiry about this, saying that they showed the donation rec'd ; so my browser may be holding pages in cache ? I use FF 16.02 - is there a way to force a page refresh to skip caching ?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 am

Hi there BoneChanter,

I am afraid I need to get a programmer's input for that - I'll get back to you as soon as I have a reply. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi again BonCahner,

it's unlikely that this is caused by caching. Our devs told me that the server send out each page anew, so with the respective invalidation headers. if the browser were to cache this, this would be a browser error, so the problem must be somewhere else.

We haven't received any respective reports yet, so this might require some further looking into.

We'll keep you posted of course!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

At this time I have zeroed cache for for both IE9 and FF ; each page now refreshes
whenever I "visit the site".

The point of interest here is that 24 billion will purhcase 20 million orchids ;
when I look at orchid donation totals (under IE9 and FF) the donation total reported - is
the same, = 1,800,000

So where did 20 million orchids go ?

You get to explain how the Kapi system shows a 24 billion debit for orchid purchases - and
then the orchids just dissapear - they don't appear as items waiting to be donated to
the wonder, and they clearly do not appear as items allready donated.

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:34 pm

If I understand you correctly, then the orchids didn't really disappear, as one of your guild members said that the orchids were, in fact, delivered, is that so? In your wonder of the world overview, it states that you currently have donated 54,200,000 orchids. If your browser shows a different amount, I assume we must look for the bug there. I'm still waiting for the dev's feedback on this issue, and we'll keep you posted, as pearlbay said.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

My guildmate reported further, referencing the "system" announcement to the internal-guild
forum - which posts whenever a guild member - makes a donation to a wonder. The
guildperson also reported reading the correct total for my donations. So at this point I take
it on faith the transaction processed as intended.

For reasons unknown, I continue to read my donation total - as it appeared a month ago.
I have tried setting both browsers to "refresh each visit", forcing a manual page reload
(that was interesting to learn: press ctrl + F5, and IE9 and FF manually reload),
and lastly I have tried viewing the wonder page (1)with and (2)without the graphics pack loaded.

I think I will consider this closed. Sometimes you just don't need to know where all the socks
you put in the drier - went.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks for the feedback! Just out of curiosity - did you check your donations total with another browser, by any chance?

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 am

no I did not check donation totals with another browser besides FF, and IE9.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am

And you saw the same display with both browsers?