Password recovery failed

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Password recovery failed

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

My friend who registered in KR several days ago forgot his password. He has a problem with receiving a new one. We thought that his account was deleted because of not confirming the registration. (BTW. he didn't get any message on email about registration!!) But I can find him on players' list. I also checked receiving the password for my account... And we have a 'result':

Bug title: New password is not received on corrected email - 'email address cannot be found in database'.

Steps to reproduce:
1. On login page press 'Lost password?' link.
2. Enter email address (which was used to register in KR and is actual in 'My profile'). There is also 'server' droplist with one position (World 1). Then press 'Send' button.

Results:
after step 2: Message 'The given email address could not be found in our database.' and link 'back' are displayed.

Further steps (in incorrect(?) app. behave):
3. Press 'back' and inspect the window dialog.

Further results:
after step 3: Returned to the screen as in step 2 but:
- there are 4 positions in droplist 'World1', 'World2', blank, blank. (there is only one English world)
- still we have a message with not found email.

After all that operations I can back to login page and use my 'old' password to login.

pearlbay

Re: Password recovery failed

Post by pearlbay » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Silveriks,

confirmed, I get the same errors that your friend does. Problem will be passed on to our developers immediately! If your friend needs a new password immediately, please ask him to contact our support-team, and we'll create one for him manually in the mean-time.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 am

The problem has been solved, thanks a lot for reporting it, Silveriks! :D

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

I checked that with non-existing address (many randomly generated letters and then '@gmail.com'). I have a message about non existing password in database but after all there is still droplist with 'World1, World2, blank, blank'. I'm not sure it is correct page (I see 'Anmeldung' instead of 'Register' banner).

BTW. I checked recovering password for my account. I received an email with new one but my friend not. He didn't confirmed his address in profile. I'll tell him to contact with you (he's not registered on the forum).

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Silveriks,

confirmed, the drop-down menu indeed is still there - will inform our devs.

About your friend: I think he contacted out team now and we were able to assist him. :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 am

Problem fixed, too! :D

Cheers,

pearlbay