Redirect on 'Maintenance works' screen

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Redirect on 'Maintenance works' screen

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 am

I observed there was a 'maintenance works' screen today at 4am CEST.

This is a screen with text about looking for the lost kitten ;) http://www.kapi-regnum.com/wartung.php

There is a link 'Try again' below the image. It redirects to German login page (Welt 1-4) (http://start.kapi-regnum-welten.de/) instead of English one (World 1) (http://www.kapi-regnum.com/).

Is it correct?

pearlbay

Re: Redirect on 'Maintenance works' screen

Post by pearlbay » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Silveriks,

the redirect should indeed go to the English world, not to the German. I am surprised though, as indeed, there shouldn't be a maintenance screen at all now.

I'll investigate this and will make sure to get back to you!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:46 pm

pearlbay wrote:I am surprised though, as indeed, there shouldn't be a maintenance screen at all now.
But that wasn't a maintenance screen which we had every midnight. It is different. It was a screen when there are some technical breaks. Last time when I saw it, there was a game update (several months ago).

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 am

There was no server failure I would know of - normally we get notified of that, of course.

I haven't heard back yet about this issue, but will get back to you as soon as possible!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:36 pm

I had this screen today and yesterday too. Today I even noted the time - it was a bit after 4 am (server time). There was no big server failure - I was able to login back immediately.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 pm

It seems that occurs in several days on the same hour (CEST = actual server time), so maybe it is not a server failure? Pearlbay, did you check the all CRON jobs on the server?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 pm

There don't seem to be any problems there, no. Our KR-expert will be back on Monday, though, and look at this directly. I've been reassured though that there is no problem with the server or cron-job. :)

I'll get back to you as soon as I have further news!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:56 pm

That screen is there every day at 04.12 GMT+1

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 am

I'll get back to you as soon as I have news on that - sorry for the delay!

Best regards,

pearlbay

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 am

Hi there guys,

our devs have a few questions about this mysterious maintenance screen - are you able to log in right after the maintenance screen is gone? Does clicking it away and going to the login page allow you to log back in directly or do you have to wait until you can get back in?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm

It will be hard for me to reproduce that. It was also 4am for me. My activity was an exception that time ;)

Anyway, this is a step-list for that situation:
1. Open login page.
2. Type login and passwd, then click 'Login' --> redirection to 'screen with lost kitten ;)'. There was only a link to German login page. I haven;t German account so I can;t tell you is it working.

After that I back to English login page (typed address to browser) and tried log in again. Still redirected to German page. Repeated several times.

I waited several minutes and then I logged correctly. Game worked ok.

BTW. I reported wrong link (to German servers), not this mysterious maintenance screen. :D

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:30 am

I had it a bit different (and I haven't seen this screen since my last post here). I too got the screen with the lost kitten after login, and likn to German server. But when i went back to English server, I was able to login immediately. I never have seen this screen more than once in one day.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 am

Hi there everyone,

both myself as well as our developers are feeling very foolish right now - as neither of us considered the server-back-up that is run every night. :oops: :oops: :oops:

It took our server-provider to remind us of that fact. Of course, when that happens, the database won't be accessible, meaning that those who are online will be kicked off the game, and everyone else who tries to connect at that time will see the maintenance screen. Normally, this backup should not take more than about 3-4 minutes, though, and afterwards everyone should be able to log back in as usual.

So, mystery solved... easier than anyone of us thought - and you can feel free to mock us now because of this oversight... ;-)

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 pm

OK, now we have game update. After trying to log in we see a 'maintenace screen with kitten'. At this time the message about kitten is in German (and link which redirects to German login page, of course). But this "wartung" page is located on w6 server (English).

BTW. I'm not sure it is something wrong with my web browser but several letters are displayed incorrectly, wrong codepage. I mean something wrong is with "umlaut" letters.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks, Silveriks, will pass it on!