Not exactly a bug

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Not exactly a bug

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Is there any way for the programmers to make the date/time thing an option to turn off in the profile window. I really can't process all this info on my screen and I'd like to have the option to go without it. :(

Plus, I set my times according to my time zone, all this will succeed in doing is cluttering up my screen and showing VERY "wrong" times for everything. :(

Please, make this so I can "turn off" the date/time thing. :(

Duffhead
upjers staff

Post by Duffhead » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi Fierz, I'll see what I can do ;)

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks, Duffhead. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Oh yes please, I also want to turn this new "feature" off. My buildings views are so confusing now, the useability after this update is catastrophic in my opinion :?

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Another vote for removing this ridiculous "feature".

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 pm

And me too. Please, let us turn it off! It takes too much place and doesn't give any useful information because of the wrong time zone.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Most of my guild is complaining on our board and don't want this feature, either.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Word on the street is that the German and Dutch servers are complaining loudly as well. :x

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Yeah, this new 'update' is HORRIBLE.

It clutters up the whole page, making it difficult to see what is being produced/the general goings on. Also, as pointed out before, we are all on different time zones, and that is what we relate our cities to.

At the very least it should be made an option that people can turn on if wanted, and I don't think many people would use that option.

Please, please, get rid of it!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 pm

I really like the information, but I'd rather have it replace the time remaining, rather than be additional text. Or maybe just be present on the building's page itself, as it's most helpful for longer building upgrades. (I usually don't set my production for longer than a week.)

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 am

I had a thought about this new feature... can we have it as a separate column, may be? Then it won't clutter the page so much. and will be easy to ignore when not needed. Actually, it might even be useful if time zones will work properly...

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am

I don't care for its implementation. It makes columns of numbers very difficult to read, picking out relevant information from the irrelevant
(and cluttered) background.

I suggest

(a) making it an option so you can turn it on or off.

(b) implementing its placement on the page as a "mouseover" - when you hover the mousetip over the time remaining,
it can pop-up. That way it is available if you want it but you don't have to look at it all the time.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 am

Hi everyone,

we heeded your objections and went to work - the feature can now be activated/deactivated in your Profile, depending on if you need it or don't need it. :-)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Thank you! :D

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:41 pm

I may be one of the few that liked having the info, even though I don't particularly care for the display. I like Elhior and BoneChanter's suggestions to have it either as a separate column or a mouse-over. Perhaps work will still be done on how to tweak that? *puppy-dog eyes* ;)