Difficult test

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Difficult test

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Subject Difficult test
A shape clad in black came into our office today and mysteriously claimed it had a task of highest importance for us. In order to be deemed worthy to accept this task, however, we would be put to an important test before: We are supposed to erect a certain building, to prove we are up to the task.
We would find out which building we are supposed to erect, by consulting this parchment that the shape handed me. When I looked down to peruse the parchment, the shape disappeared as silently as it had arrived. The Parchment said: cityward

I've received 4 times of the message in this two months. However, my cityward is still upgrading for the time being. Can there be any other quest I can receive instead of the cityward one?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:18 pm

lolz.. so, thats how you stop the quests coming! Not that I want that happening. They are rare enough as it is!

Well, how many months is it? Another 2! That would be two more missed quests.

PS: DO the quests run out and not come back? I mean, what if I have had all the quests once. Would they repeat? Someone know anything about this?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:21 pm

This isn't really a bug in my opinion! And, I guess it is a simple routine that will not be changed because of one city!
Btw. I use the same thing on the 2nd German Server because I don't want to start with the quests there so early. It works! :-)

As soon as you employ the first person a quest in your cityward will start but I think you already know that!

However, I guess you will be the only one, who starts with the quests when your prestigious buildings are at 5k sqm. :-)
Pretty long time to wait but after all you don't loose anything. So, I wouldn't worry about it!

cheers, Volki

p.s.: @pk, every server is different but German One had each quest only once as far as I know!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 pm

:( So, I'm never gonna see the dark stranger again!

Blimey. I was getting to miss him, but now I know that I might not see another quest.. ever! bwaahh...mwaaah..waah..bwaaah!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:31 am

Doc got two tigers... I'm sure they were both through the quests because he was surprised about it...
At least, I sure hope I remember that correctly because... I'd like another tiger.. Or another crack at the crown!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 am

Dude.... err... Lady..... you are so cool to bring such hot hot news :)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Dear Volki,

Finished the upgrading of 5000 sqm is not long,

but however, some of the quest needs 32767 sqm building....

such as cityward (I've received 4 times continuously T____T)

I still need 8600hrs... :(

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:31 pm

wrdoff wrote: but however, some of the quest needs 32767 sqm building....
What! Did I read that right? There are quests that require a 32767 sqm building! wtf. That means that there is actually a point to upgrade those mammoths! Unless I'm losing (or gaining) some meaning in translation, please, someone shed light on this. Our friend Wrdoff brings us the darned most strange news.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:05 pm

I sure hope that it is only the public buildings that need to be upgraded that high...

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Wrdoff,

I am sorry! :oops: My mistake! :oops: You are right, I forgot the cityward. It can be upgraded to 32767sqm and of course you did that. I also did that but I emloyed one person before! Good luck!

I know you were faster but I didn't know that you were so fast! I have still 15k hrs left (about 2 years).

Although, your 8,600hrs are a very long time! I hope that anybody of the programmer-team helps you!
All the best that you get this help!

@ others: I think you mixed up two cases (normal case / wrdoff's case) ...
1) As soon as you employ on person in each special building all quests work fine. (20sqm is enough)
2) At a certain point in the game you can start increasing your allod-value by upgrading the special buildings to their maximum. It looks like this is wrdoff's problem. long upgrade - no employee - no quest! wrdoff please correct me if my guess is wrong!

I wish you all the help you need! Volki

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:58 am

I think I get it now! No probs.
So, no known bonus quests at 32767 sqm.
And more than likely that one quest appears once only.
Also, building being upgraded does not matter as long as you have at least an employee there.

PS: What a dumb way to spend all that cash! But it make you look big, scary, formidable and very very influential!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 pm

@ others: I think you mixed up two cases (normal case / wrdoff's case) ...
1) As soon as you employ on person in each special building all quests work fine. (20sqm is enough)
2) At a certain point in the game you can start increasing your allod-value by upgrading the special buildings to their maximum. It looks like this is wrdoff's problem. long upgrade - no employee - no quest! wrdoff please correct me if my guess is wrong!

I wish you all the help you need! Volki

Yap, you are right, when I upgrading the buildings, the version of Regnum doesn't have any quest, royal quality, wonder of the world.
So I didn't hire any person and upgrading these building to its maximum, including 32767m and 5000m.
Of course, the upgrading of 5000 sqm have been finished. However, these 32767 sqm still needs a lot of time!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: