Simultaneous purchase of two buildings

Please, always add your player-id (you will find it in your profile) and a precise (!) description of the problem

Moderator: moderators

Simultaneous purchase of two buildings

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:40 am

I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but several times (3 or 4) I've purchased a building only to have two show up. I don't know if I have paid for both of them or not as I wasn't watching my money only that I needed another building. They are consecutive numbers and they are finished at the exact second. I would appreciate knowing if anybody else has had this problem.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:03 pm

If it happened today you could check your balance sheet to see if you paid twice.

The littlewoman xoxox

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:17 am

dude,.. if ur getting a buy one get one free... well,.. I envy u.

buy 1 get one free

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:09 am

No it didn't happen today, but it has happened three times. Twice I didn't mind it because I needed it in the future. I don't know that I'm getting a buy 1 get one free. Just that I now have two buildings when I wanted to purchase one. At this point, I'm not complaining because I constantly have 1/2 to 1 million cTs in my cash account. But sometimes it has been a little bit more difficult.

pearlbay

Re: buy 1 get one free

Post by pearlbay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:03 pm

dawnisrising wrote:No it didn't happen today, but it has happened three times. Twice I didn't mind it because I needed it in the future. I don't know that I'm getting a buy 1 get one free. Just that I now have two buildings when I wanted to purchase one. At this point, I'm not complaining because I constantly have 1/2 to 1 million cTs in my cash account. But sometimes it has been a little bit more difficult.
Well, generally, that should not happen. My guess is that you either double-clicked or reloaded the page during the purchase - and then ended up with 2 buildings instead of one ...

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:02 pm

so,.. point is, if I'm buying off a great deal, I should reload and mess the system up to get two instead of one.... nice. How do the building numbers work then.

Well,.. I really don't think reloading can be a problem here. Buildings have numbers. Please check ur building numbers and maybe post them here. Someone might be able to check for you. Ask the seller if he sent one, or two!?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 pm

pk wrote:so,.. point is, if I'm buying off a great deal, I should reload and mess the system up to get two instead of one.... nice. How do the building numbers work then.
No, that's not what I meant - if he receives 2 buildings I am pretty certain the money will be deducted twice as well.
pk wrote:Well,.. I really don't think reloading can be a problem here. Buildings have numbers. Please check ur building numbers and maybe post them here. Someone might be able to check for you. Ask the seller if he sent one, or two!?
Reloading could be the problem, but doesn't necessarily have to be the reason - I am no programmer, so I just ventured a guess :-). I will pass on the question to our Kapi Regnum mastermind Marcus. He's not in the office today, but I'll report back when I receive a satisfactory reply.

Cheers,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Its OK...

all I meant was that if it was a reload thing, then hte two buildings should have the same building numbers ri8. But that is not possible, unless there is a bug there somewhere.

ur fast tho,.. I mean.. online.

Re: Simultaneous purchase of two buildings

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:47 pm

dawnisrising wrote:They are consecutive numbers and they are finished at the exact second.
He said it in the first post. The buildings do not have the same number.

This happened to me once in kapilands. I had 280k cash and wanted to buy a well for 240k. Either the internet connection was slow or something else, I don´t know but I remember clicking on buy once --- nothing happened. I clicked a second time and ended up with two well and -200k cash.

So I guess pearlbay explanations is the most probable answer for this problem.

Regards.

Elwood
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:52 pm

now that says it all.. but still doesn't explain how the second building number is generated!!

after all, when u sell a building, the number stays the same.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:32 pm

When you build a new building, a new number is created. And if you build 2 buildings right after another, they have consecutive numbers.

Elwood