International Trade Company [ITC]

Advertising .. or Looking for a Guild? Seek and you shall find.

Moderator: moderators

International Trade Company [ITC]

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 am

The International Trading Company is the smallest (memberwise), but also one of the most active of the big guilds. Most of our members are close to the US and GMT time zones, but you may get answers from some members at any time of day (and night).

In contrast to some other guilds, we restrict our member base to active members so you can be sure to get a reply from any member of our guild.
Also, we are actively trying to grow the guild both by growing the number of members, and by growing the members themselves. As we are not yet very large, you can play a significant role in it, if you like.

Finally, we are proud to be one of the five guilds to ever win a gold cup in the guild contest.

If you have questions about joining, contact our guild administrator at:
Hogs Hole
Or ask any member of the guild.

PS: If you know in advance that you can not log in to for some months, but want to stay on the build, please let it be known on our internal board.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50 am

Location and Nationality of (some of) the Members:1)

Name______________Nationality_____(Usual)_location___Languages 2)
Eagles Lair__________US____________US_______________Ojibewa
First aid____________German__________________________German
Hogs Hole__________British_________Wales, UK________Welsh ?
Itzstedt_____________South African___Germany_________Afrikaans, Spanish, Portugese, Zulu, ...
junko______________________________Netherlands______Dutch, some German, French
Langenvoorde______Dutch___________Switzerland______Dutch, German, some French
Melton_____________British__________England, UK_____some Dutch, Google translate
My own____________Bulgarian_______Bulgaria_________Bulgarian, some Russian
plopl town__________German________Germany_________German
Ravenfield_________________________Germany_________German
St-henri_____________Canadian______Canada___________French
THE MANZI CLAN__US____________US_______________American

1) Supplying this data is not a guild requirement.
2) English not listed here, you'll have trouble reading and posting to our board when you do not have some basic English.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 am

:arrow:

EaglesLair

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 am

Boo-zhoo' :)

I am Frenchie, of EaglesLair. I live in the US in the state of Michigan, commonly called the state of confusion or the state of depression. I am a Native American (Indian) of the Ojibewa (Chippewa) tribe. I am very proud of my heritage and will often make references to the beliefs of the old ways.

In the game I am still working on building myself up and deciding what to specialize in.

Other than that I love to have fun and will often joke around, but in a way which will not be hurtful to others.

Post by Guest » Thu May 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Our Wonder of the World will be finished soon.

Join us now, contribute stones q1, and share in the reward !
(whatever it is, look it up on the forum...)

Wonder of the Wolrd

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 am

If you want to build a Wonder of the World then I am afraid our guild is not the right one for you, because we just finished it !

There it stands, shining as a beacon for all to see its greatness :D
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Really? :roll:
Cause those other guilds spent years working together to to build one, and you guys spent a week or two or three of banking and bought one. Not quite the same thing, is it? Not against the rules or anything, but...proud? Really?

Just askin';-)

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 am

I guess, you are suggesting that some of the stones have been bought with cT gotten by trading coins ?

Maybe we can discuss this issue in another thread:
http://kr.forenserver.de1.cc/viewtopic.php?t=3912

WOW and Time

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:31 am

To all concerned

The foundation and success of playing this game is TIME.
This game we all play and enjoy has no end, we can play it for as long we want and like, this game this could be endless.
That we all have the possibility to speed the progress of our own game by selling coins and with the money by buying larger buildings or large amounts of marble is down to the fact, that we want to speed up the time.
That some of us have that desire to speed up time should not be considered evil, but more the fact that in a endless game we do not want to live for ever as our time here on earth is not endless.
That some players say we (ITC) bought marble directly with coins, this statement is untrue. I did ask the game administrators at one time as a suggestion, and they declined.
That a small Guild like ours has finished the WOW, before other mighty Guilds, does not make us better, just faster in a game that has no end.
If I told you that I still had 10 000 coins, would that make me more supreme than you??? ...NO.... because in a endless game there is no winner...no one can say I am better than you...as time has no end...and a winner today can be a looser tomorrow. Alpha and Omega
See you in 10 years
Dave

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:46 pm

I for one have no problem with anything you said, in principle, except this...to claim you built a WOW in a few weeks with no coining is just ridiculous. To the point of disappointment for thinking anyone else in the game could even believe it.

Use coins to do whatever you wish, but bragging about your hard work afterward is a bit much.

I would say this also, the game-with-no-end theory is pretty, but buying things isn't playing the game either. It is just buying things. The game is about the process. There is no winning, true. But there is also no playing, if all a playeer does is buy what they want.

For all intents and purposes, ITC will grow no further. You have nothing to offer new players. The whole guild paradigm is really about the WoW. There is little else the guild offers that you can't get as a single player. You saved time, but to what end? And with the benefit tied to a player's contributions percentages, the smaller players in your guild will get virtually no benefit, relative to the bankers who bought the WoW. They were not given a chance to really be part of the thing.

Time. You saved time. To play a game with no end. That demands nothing but time. That is about nothing but spending time. You speeded that up. You felt a need to speed that up.

It is a nice surface level rationalization, but it is starting to sound like nothing more, the more it rolls around in my head.

Use your real money to "play". It is not against the rules, and it does help support the game. To that end it is a great thing. But don't expect accolades or other warm fuzzies for buying your way through the milieu. That is all I really wanted to say.

be a sport

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Be a sport
if we broke no rules...what you going about.
bragging is only bad if it is not a fact