1 Week Slashed + Contests to resume 2 week format

Moderator: moderators

1 Week Slashed + Contests to resume 2 week format

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:00 pm

After a short discussion with a few members of Kapi-Regnum it has been decided to resume the competitions back to two weeks starting again in the next edition of the Regnum Journal. These will however be more or less a full two weeks - starting Monday, and finishing on a Sunday.

This was originally an oversight on my part when moving the Regnum Journal release dates from Fortnightly to Monthly, as with the competitions stretching out an entire month there is no time for the market to settle down again between the two competitions so it also affects other produce in the long run.

Please be aware that premature to this change one week has been slashed from the original ending date of the competition. Instead the contest will now end on Friday the 23th of January, 2009.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Thank you Therian:)

The 3-week contest was an interesting experiment, but I like the 2-week one better:) For the next experiment, you should give us a 1-week contest! That would have been fun to try:) I dont really have to know how long its going to be in advance either, in my opinion...

/cheer

Re: 1 Week Slashed + Contests to resume 2 week format

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Therian wrote: Please be aware that premature to this change one week has been slashed from the original ending date of the competition. Instead the contest will now end on Friday the 24th of January, 2009.
Friday whould be the 23th :wink:
Typo's Fixed. It's correct for once in the contest setup, but I was going by that when writing it up :P
-Therian

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:25 pm

[sarcasm]Oh, how nice! Isn't that just dandy.[/sarcasm]

I put all of my draperies on an upgrade set to finish when the contest did, figuring I could offset the lost income by selling either beets or horses for the duration of the contest.

Now the contest is ending a week sooner, so I'm stuck with no offsetting income for a week.

Would it not have been better, instead of caving in immediately to the whiners, to (1) put a thread out to see what people actually want, and (2) implement it with the start of a new contest.

Thanks to all for my almost half a billion kapi thaler loss. I guess I should be glad I didn't upgrade my pig farms and farmer's market stall, too.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 pm

this is coming from the guy that sells coins at 65mio... go figure that one.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 pm

whiners? whiners? hmmm.....

Just like in real life - we need to remain adaptable to change...

I liked the long contests... I like the short ones too...

Contests are cool... I even had fun when I lost the stupid ole geese contest... darn darn darn!!!!

Thank you Therian xoxox

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 pm

If the coin comment is a reference to me, I sell coins at 75 million, not 65 million, but that should have absolutely no bearing on the validity of my complaint.

Although I have no problem with changing the contests back to two-week runs, I have a big problem with the manner of execution. The contest started out under one set of rules, and it should have finished under that set of rules. This one, however, was switched midstream.

I doubt that I'm the only one who uses contests as an opportunity to upgrade, so I doubt that I am the only person adversely affected by this.

I did not ask for compensation, but perhaps I should. If one can get compensated for losses incurred from not reading the instructions carefully, then this should be equally recompensable.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:43 am

Hey Thane, get creative man... I upgrade even without the contests too :)
not to mention that I'm upgrading quite a bit during this one :P
You'll figure out a creative way of making cash :D Maybe more than you usually do :lol:

@ Therian: Thanks, this should put a bit of life back into the contests :)

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Creative? And by that do you mean that we're supposed to be able to react to whatever-the-hell random-assed change pops into management's head?

If that's the case, then why not change quality mid-contest? Or better yet, change the product? We could start out sending Q1 horses and end up sending Q3 saltpeter. That would make it interesting.

A change in the terms of the contest in the middle of the contest run is bound to adversely affect someone, and therefore, in the interests of fairness, should be avoided. Better to implement changes at the start of new contest, when they have an equal impact on everyone. If making these changes mid-stream is deemed acceptable, then what is the point of having rules in the first place?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:35 pm

The man has a point... (Thane that is)

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 pm

Lolz.. I'll just pointlessly shut up then :)

Just pointing out that a number of us are caught in Thane's position. Just coping with it ;)

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:55 am

I am not going to Complain this time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:06 am

:wink: better yet Thane ... why dont you apply as a mod ... maybe Therian can let YOU setup the next contest . :P

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 am

Basically, it is fine to me to change certain properties of contest. I also agree with Thane that it is not proper to make a change in the terms of the contest in the middle of the contest run.

It might be more acceptable if manager could make a story for the change, such as natural or man-made calamities..., or something like that.

Take this horses contest as a example, maybe the riding school can't wait anymore. The King do need to get every horse in his land as soon as possible. For certain reasons, the contest deadline must be a little earlier.

I thought such behavior might convince people more, at least, convince me more.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:58 pm

And you definitely do not want me making these up, because I would pick things like salt and pearl necklaces. And arquebuses and eiderdowns.