The Winner of the competition will be honoured with an Egg of Columbus, sponsered by the guild named above (which is me actually )
The First Puzzle
It´s easy. Everyone can do it. -- Gamblinshire is proud of a tradition of sign-makers and banner-painters. To train the eye and hand the apprentices of sign-making are often given the task to copy a picture made by master of the trade. Below you see the first attempt by one of the young man (who is very happy, that he didn´t lose his apprenticeship. He was forced to eat all the following attempts, which showed similar mistakes, though. Well he became a rather quick learner in the meantime)
The Master of Sign-Making detected all of the mistakes immediately.
Even to the untrained eye some of the mistakes are obvious - and some of them are -- not.
- find all the mistakes
- Send an IGM to Gamblinshire (not a PM ) and write the exact number of mistakes in the "subject" - line (you can of course write something (a blessing or a curse for instance) in the message body, but doesn´t really matter, if the number in the subject line is not right)
- If only one participant sends in the right number, this will be the winner
- If several towns or no town are sending the right number, a next puzzle will be posted in this thread
- If no one sends an IGM, no one will get the Egg ( and I will really really pout. I warn you, its definitely not a nice sight )
- Only 30 towns can participate in the contest, so hurry up!
- EDIT: Attention Change of Rules : Participants can send in an Igm with -what they think - the correct number of mistakes as often as they like! But: ONLY THE LAST IGM WILL COUNT. So if you change your mind, because you think you found another mistake, go ahead and send another IGM. The former IGM doesn´t count anymore, of course. If your last IGM has the wrong number, well bad luck
- Entry deadline will be 14.09.2009 | 20:00. Because of the rule change above this closing time will be taken very seriously: 1 second late and IGM doesnt count. So it´s 20:00:00 exactly!!
- Results will be published in this thread, a.s.a.p.
Copy (find the mistakes)
PS: If you find any severe spelling or grammar mistakes in this text, that could cause a misunderstanding of the puzzle and/or the rules, a PM with a correction would be very welcome!