Banner Workshop closed for the time being

This is where you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems!

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks m8 look nicer

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Count Count: Those are wonderful!

Thank you!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 am

Hi Count Count..
It's me again, I would like the bof sheild where you have your little joker dude... I'm not sure but, I don't think that's the signature is it? I am so sorry for not knowing any of this... I like my banner just the way it is and have no desire to share that space, however, the space under my nickname needs something - and that guild shield is perfect for the job!!!
I like the one without the sash...
the littlewoman xoxox

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:18 am

@littlewoman
Hello again!
I already provided a picture for that purpose:
Count Count wrote:I wasn´t contented with the former work, the sash primarily. So I made another version, which is - in my humble opinion - better. Three formats: big for some extern forum or whatever (and to show-off :oops: ), middle for upload to the ingame guilds description and small for board avatars/user pics. I hope you like it.
[here huge size] // [here middle size] //Image
I guess, the problem is that you don´t know, how to tell the board software that you want have the shield as a userpic / avatar.
No problem:
the "home adress" i.e. URL of the little shield is
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7421/bof5tg3.gif

-copy that adress (fast triple-click on the adress above - right mouse button -copy)
- open your board profile and scroll all the way down, til you see the section "Avatar control panel"
- Find the field "Upload Avatar from a URL:"
- paste the copied adress in that field (click in the field - right mouse button - paste)
- Dont forget to click "submit" !!
done

greetings
Count Count

test

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:17 am

Thank-you,
I really am trying to learn... I hope I did this correctly... Copy paste. That should be easy enough!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:18 am

ta da!!!
You've been so much help!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:15 am

@greenwich
Status of the banner so far. As always comments, wishes, etc welcome

Greetings
Count Count

Edit:
simpler version. If we proceed to a "changing banner" this the 1th of the 2 images. I just see in the preview that the city name "greenwich village" got blured, don´t know why. Got to make that more readable.
Greetings Count Count

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:14 pm

update/edited the post above

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:30 pm

the result of arcane clicking - finally:

First image:

Second:

animated: (had to reduce the color palette to reach the file size of 50k, so the banner is compliant to the board rules / file size now: 49,5 kb ;), Each image is shown for 5 seconds. It´s no problem to reduce the duration. If one picture should be seen longer, the duration of the other must be reduced - or again the file size will be to big - and I do not recommend to reduce the color palette any further)

Hope you like it
Greetings
Count Count

Beautiful!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:07 pm

It's REALLY beautiful! I love your work!!

I think the game should raise it's minimum file size to 100k since the banners are looking so nice. I'm guessing that they put the limit in there of only 50k with the assumption that they didn't want 'letter-banners' being really big since there was no need for simple banners being so large. I'm guessing that the game admins never expected to see banners looking so nice as the ones you have been creating! :)

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 pm

to see the difference:
original animated banner: images are shown 6 sec, color palette is not reduced (for explanation only 89kb :)):

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:26 pm

@Grenowey: copy and paste this into your board signature

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.kapi-regnum.com/schaufenster_public.php4?user=24076][img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6782/greenvillfb9.gif[/img][/url]
For more understanding: see the opening post How to have the banner in your signature linked to your shop window

The signature is changed in your profil -- profil information
best regards
Count Count

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:00 pm

holiday break until 28th december / nobody seems to want a banner anyway :roll:

edited the opening post --> link to more banner examples on the german board / minor updates

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Workshop reopened - banners available again -

hy

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:28 am

I whant a banner too!
What i have to do? I like very much your banner.

Greetings from Alin Town! :o