The "how did you hear about this game" thread?

This is where you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems!

Moderator: moderators

The "how did you hear about this game" thread?

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 pm

I know many, if not most, of the users here played the affiliated game Kapilands first. That's where I heard about this. But I know there are people here who hadn't played that.

So I'm curious, how did you hear about Kapi-Regnum? And so fast after it started?

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:15 pm

I'm not exactly sure now, but I think I saw a banner ad for it on another game site, although I don't remember which one. I guess it was lucky of me to find it so soon after it launched. I heard about kapilands pretty soon after joining kapi regnum since everyone was comparing them, and it was linked and stuff, but I didn't really have any interest in trying to play it too. For one, the Middle Ages theme is pretty cool, and I wasn't really interested in playing a modern company. For another, I was busy enough handling the one game, and I didn't need to try to play two at once.

At first I thought it was just another strategy/resource gathering over time/simulation game. I've played several of those, most space-based, and most violently competitive (as in, you have military and actually attack other players). This one is much better in several ways because it's not violent, it's purely economic, and you have to actually use your head if you want to get good returns.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:30 pm

I got a poke from Pearlbay after it went online .. lol

I've played Kapilands before, but it was several months ago, I don't even recall the login details or the email used. It was only recently, last month sometime, I approached Pearl about translating the game from German to English to help hurry it along, only to find it was already in progress so I then asked to get a message when it came online.

I'd been aware of it 'Coming Soon' ever since it was added to the upjers site (http://www.upjers.com - Click the flag for the English Version) and since it was obvious it would follow it's darker role been the Medieval ages it wouldn't, and isn't, so bad on my eyes compared to it's much brighter counterpart.

It was a few days later then expected as it was due to be released on a Thursday, but through reasons where it couldn't be watched over the weekend if anything went wrong it was put off until Monday been a fresh week.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:02 pm

Post in the Kapi forums, but i still wonder how i came to Kapilands, just can't remember.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Learned about kape-regnum via advertisement in an another online game: tribalwars.
Never played kapiland, so new at the game.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:58 pm

I read about it on the board on of the original kapi. A friend of mine introduced me to kapi, but when i passed him by millions in fixed asets he quit :lol:

But right now i have almost quit Kapi completely, Regnum takes most of my time.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:07 pm

Warming wrote:But right now i have almost quit Kapi completely, Regnum takes most of my time.

Same here i still play sometimes tho

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:46 pm

I still play alittle too, but it's not nearly as much as i play Regnum.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:41 pm

I came from Kapilands, the day regnum started and I found Kapilands on an ad banner a while ago

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:21 pm

Palm wrote:Learned about kape-regnum via advertisement in an another online game: tribalwars.
me too and i have stopped playing it :)

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 am

I saw a banner add for it somewhere, I think on a discussion forum for the game civ IV, heh. I did try the origional Kapi a while back briefly, but I didn't really like it for some reason. Didn't catch my attention the way this game did.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:10 pm

I saw a banner for it on Tribal Wars.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Forums of Kapiland.

I've since then quit Kapilands.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 pm

I heard of it from Tribal Wars, too. I clicked the ad and thought this might be fun, too.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:59 am

wchs1981 wrote:I saw a banner for it on Tribal Wars.

Me too.